Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,731   Online: 886

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ElrodCod
    They forgot to add "as long as it remains profitable".
    Hey dude,...you're spending too much time round those 'shrooms. The spores have infected your temporal-spatial equilibrium.

Seriously though, I support what Gnashings has just said. Why are some people pretending that "profit" is a four letter word. Have you ever run your own business? With this kind of attitude, I imagine it wouldn't have survived for more than an eyeblink. Even a non-profit organisation tries to save money by budgeting creatively. It's about survival & growth/profit. Amongst others, I love Fuji products, and will continue to support them. (and have let them know about it via the recent e-mail campaign)
    Last edited by Paddy; 03-03-2006 at 08:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    TV-CM tells a lot. For my eyes, Fuji seems to be aiming more on printing stage than exposing stage. It is not a matter of "A film vs B film" or "digital vs film", but "home printing" vs "in shop printing".
    I haven't seen Fuji's TV-CMs about their products. I see many many about advantages of in shop printing. Digital has made and is making photography population bigger, shots per person higher. There is a chance for Fuji to keep their imaging business profitable.
    I see Epson and Canon are appealing their printers with advantages of home printing. They are or will be the real competitors for Fuji, I guess.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji
    There are some film manufacturers in Central Europe. I am not certain of their environmental regulations at this point, but as EU enlarged, their member country's environmental standards will have to match that of EU. I'm not sure if the manufacturers already meet and exceed the EU standard, but if not, they'll have to make new investment in improving the ir plants. On the other hand, companies like Kodak and Fuji already exceed their national environmental regulation, and they need no major expense in this regard. Needless to say Fuji has much higher level of emulsion technology than Central European competitors.
    Why do people keep spreading doom an gloom about EU enlargement and Forte and Foma? The only thing they are achieveing is to show their lack of knowledge of how EU enlargement happened, and when various laws and regulations had to match those of EU and be implemented. It is almost as bad as the "the countries they are in are about to join EU, so it will be considerably harder and more expensive to acquire capitals so they will probably go under soon".

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji
    I have some complaints for Fuji. They manufacture a few fiber based and a few RC paper for b&w photography, but they currently do not export those products to North America. This must change in order for Fuji to gain more confidence in this market.
    I have a big complaint about Fuji as I don' think their policy of having "Japanese only" films is in any way acceptable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin