Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,463   Online: 841

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Anchell
    I have more to say but will reserve further comment until I see how APUG members respond to this, my first real foray into the world of web controversy.
    Well, sadly, I doubt that any of what you've written will seem very controversial on this site (not because I'd rather there be controversy, but because much of this has long been suspected vis a vis Kodak's attitude, and you've gone a long way toward confirming it.) It's interesting to hear your comments on their products, though...especially Tmax. I've never even been tempted because Delta has always had a better reputation despite cosiderably less fanfare. What is really fascinating is the foreknowledge you've had and your veiled attempts to share it. Good for you! I, for one, welcome your candor and forthright willingness to offer the information you've shared. Thanks!!
    John Voss

My Blog

RE:

This is what I was afraid of and why I don't like getting involved with web forums. I will not get bogged down in a senseless debate as to whether you feel Kodak is makes a quality product. I will not debate whether Kodak set the standard for quality control (which they did).

The point I am attempting to make is Kodak is not your friend. Support Kodak, and you help to kill Ilford and Fuji - it's too late for Agfa. Then cry that silver is disappearing.
    Steve Anchell
    Author:
    The Darkroom Cookbook
    The Variable Contrast Printing Manual
    The Film Developing Cookbook
    The Nude at Big Sur

www.steveanchell.com

Apologies. The last comment was in response to Daniel Lawton, not to Jovo who posted his response while I was writing mine.
    Steve Anchell
    Author:
    The Darkroom Cookbook
    The Nude at Big Sur

www.steveanchell.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Steve, Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It must be hard for you to take the position posting a letter like this.
    Umm.. I don't know what can I say. I just wanna hear more from you and others.
    kunihiko kario

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Anchell
    This is what I was afraid of and why I don't like getting involved with web forums. I will not get bogged down in a senseless debate as to whether you feel Kodak is makes a quality product. I will not debate whether Kodak set the standard for quality control (which they did).
    I think what you need to realize Steve, is that a thread is like a conversation - everyone has different opinions, and not everyone is responding to the initial post. Relax and don't let it stress you out. You can really glean a lot of information from these type of exchanges.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Thank you, Roteague. I will sit back, listen, and learn.
    Steve Anchell
    Author:
    The Darkroom Cookbook
    The Nude at Big Sur

www.steveanchell.com

One more thing, though. Good for you, Aggie!
    Steve Anchell
    Author:
    The Darkroom Cookbook
    The Nude at Big Sur

www.steveanchell.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'm such a small fish in a vast ocean of consumers...to think any descision I make will effect Kodak is laughable!

I have little extra money to spend, so I like it to have a positive impact when I do spend some. Like when grocery shopping, I'll buy Canadian canned salmon even though there's cheaper foreign cans on the shelf, or I'll buy local produce instead of the cheaper stuff from down south. It's the same with Kodak for me; when they made their obvious commitment to digital and discontinued B&W papers, that was it for me. After using TRI-X and HC-110 for 20 years (had to laugh at the Ansel story Steve!) I didn't want my hard earned money helping fund Kodak's digital dreams.

I'm going to support Ilford who has stated they intend to be the last man standing when it comes to B&W silver products.

Murray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    (now that Velvia 50 is gone).
    I missed have been on another planet... when did Velvia 50 go???
    Often wrong, but never in doubt!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by esanford
    I missed have been on another planet... when did Velvia 50 go???
    The last run was December 2005. It was replaced by Velvia 100. When Fuji announced it was discontinuing the 50 it stated that it could no longer get some of the necessary raw materials. The new 100 isn't as good as the 50 in some ways, but is better in others - some of the colors aren't as vivid, but the film is sharper and has better reciprocity characteristics.

What is on the shelves is all there is.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin