Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,542   Online: 1039

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Kodak's statement regarding its B/W film

Here's what Kodak says about its film on it's website:

EXHIBIT YOUR CREATIVITY WITH KODAK PROFESSIONAL BLACK-AND-WHITE FILMS.
    No one helps you achieve your artistic vision like Kodak. That’s why great shooters have insisted upon KODAK PROFESSIONAL Black-and-White Films for decades. Our full range of black-and-white film lets you add power, subtlety, mystery, or reality to your photography and achieve your own distinctive look. After all, you have a special passion for your art, and Kodak is committed to supporting it. See for yourself by experimenting with our films today.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...iteIndex.jhtml

I especially like the "Kodak is committed to supporting it" portion of the statement. Is Kodak NOT to be believed while Fuji IS? My point is that both companies make great products and both companies claim to be committed to analog photography with equally touching and sentimental ad copy. So, shouldn't we send thank you notes to both Fuji and Kodak and not just Fuji as some other threads have suggested?
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Show your support by buying the products you like. I like some Kodak, Fuji, and Ilford products so I buy them. I'm not one for brand loyalty.

Leave fear out of the equation and accept the fact that we as photographers (particularly LF and ULF) have more films available to us now than in a very long time and that condition is not going to change anytime soon. Folks that want to drop a ton of money on digital to the nth power have not rendered conventional materials obsolete and will not do so in the foreseable future and that is a very good thing.

Keep shooting, encourage others to do the same and share your passion with photography to let others participate in this wonderful form of visual expression.

"The more things change the more they stay the same."

Cheers!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt
    Show your support by buying the products you like. I like some Kodak, Fuji, and Ilford products so I buy them. I'm not one for brand loyalty.
    Me either. And don't forget about Foma and Efke.

I liked how in Pop Photo's March issue they had a big salute to film and basically said, "Work with what works best for you."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wait a sec.. didn't they say they were going to discontinue film production? Or was that just b&w paper? Thought I heard something awful about their chems too...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    THEY didn't say anything, other than about B/W paper...But Kodak didn't say anything about chems or film!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Wait a sec.. didn't they say they were going to discontinue film production? Or was that just b&w paper? Thought I heard something awful about their chems too...
    It was their moron of a CEO pronouncing 'Film is dead...' which caused all the uproar.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't have any problem with Kodak, they just don't make any products that I use on a regular basis - although I am considering trying the Ektachrome VS100 again (now that Velvia 50 is gone).

But, there is one difference I saw in Fuji's statement that I didn't see in Kodak's - that film is superior to digital for some uses.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Robert,

If you try the E100VS again, shoot it at ISO 80 and process normally, which is what I do and I have been far happier with the saturation and evenness of the exposure.

Dave

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There's a very upbeat interview with Colette Scott, Worldwide Manager of the Education Segment of Kodak's Entertainment Imaging Division (does she fit all that on her business card?) about Super-8 film in the Nov/Dec 2005 issue of _Super 8 Today_ (www.super8today.com). They have a full page ad for Vision 2 stock on the back cover of the magazine as well.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin