Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,145   Online: 808
      
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    38

    Ilford SFX 120 - Robert White have some stock

    Just in case anyone's interested, Robert White are advertising the "last 400 rolls of Ilford SFX 120 film" acquired from Ilford recently. It interestingly states that as of Feb 2006 the film had been discontinued, thought that occurred last year. Anyway they did have some today because I have ordered some but it's only available in 120 format NOT 35mm and is being sold in packs of 10 films not individually. With VAT it's about twice as expensive as it was at the beginning of last year on 7dayshop.com but is still cheaper than Rollei R3. I'm only a happy customer, no connection, but thought as there has been some discussion recently again about the film it may interest some members. It would appear this is likely to be the very last of the film.

  2. #2
    gnashings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,376
    Images
    17
    Actually, I have been hearing various things about SFX - what is the final word on it? Is it totally gone? Or is it being made in a single batch per year, as I heard that it will be? Which formats? I would just like to know the final fate of this film on some concrete evidence

  3. #3
    Sanjay Sen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,251
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by smudwhisk
    Just in case anyone's interested, Robert White are advertising the "last 400 rolls of Ilford SFX 120 film" acquired from Ilford recently. It interestingly states that as of Feb 2006 the film had been discontinued, thought that occurred last year. Anyway they did have some today because I have ordered some but it's only available in 120 format NOT 35mm and is being sold in packs of 10 films not individually. With VAT it's about twice as expensive as it was at the beginning of last year on 7dayshop.com but is still cheaper than Rollei R3. I'm only a happy customer, no connection, but thought as there has been some discussion recently again about the film it may interest some members. It would appear this is likely to be the very last of the film.
    Thanks for the update. I ordered some from RW and I hope they still have some left for me.


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    Actually, I have been hearing various things about SFX - what is the final word on it? Is it totally gone? Or is it being made in a single batch per year, as I heard that it will be? Which formats? I would just like to know the final fate of this film on some concrete evidence
    I've read rumours on here that Ilford may do a single batch run for 35mm SFX but not 120, hence my desire to get my hands on some while I can. I keep reading mixed reviews on the Rollei R3 which is supposed to be similar when used with a red filter but if I can get hold of SFX I would prefer to use this since it's easier to develop in non proprietary chemicals (unlike Rollei it would seem). Anyway, on its way to me is a stash of 120 to join the stash of 35mm I have from last year. I managed to get a few rolls of 120 from Calumet the other week but that's all dated June 2006. My belief is that Ilford must have stopped making it quite early last year to have such use-by-dates rather than the Feb 2006 which Robert White are quoting. It's going to be like Agfa film, get it while you can and stockpile.... With luck if Ilford do produce a once-a-year run, like Kodak and their infrared film, it may be available in the future for 35mm. Just have to wait and see.

  5. #5
    Bob F.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    London
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    3,984
    Images
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    Actually, I have been hearing various things about SFX - what is the final word on it? Is it totally gone? Or is it being made in a single batch per year, as I heard that it will be? Which formats? I would just like to know the final fate of this film on some concrete evidence
    Official notice here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/24156-ilford-sfx-availability.html

  6. #6
    mrwestphal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aurora, CO
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    91
    hi all,
    Might someone have a web address for Robert White? I would love to find some SFX in 120.
    Thanks,
    Doug W.
    Douglas Westphal

  7. #7
    Sanjay Sen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,251
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwestphal
    hi all,
    Might someone have a web address for Robert White? I would love to find some SFX in 120.
    Thanks,
    Doug W.
    You can go to the sponsors page on this site and scroll down to the link for Robert White. If you use the sponsor's link on this site, APUG also benefits.


  8. #8
    colrehogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Posts
    2,016
    Blog Entries
    3
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by smudwhisk
    I keep reading mixed reviews on the Rollei R3 which is supposed to be similar when used with a red filter but if I can get hold of SFX I would prefer to use this since it's easier to develop in non proprietary chemicals (unlike Rollei it would seem).
    I have ordered a couple of rolls of the 120 sized Rollei IR film from Freestyle and am going to do a bit of testing with it.
    Diane

    Halak 41

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan
    I have ordered a couple of rolls of the 120 sized Rollei IR film from Freestyle and am going to do a bit of testing with it.
    I'd be interested in any reviews of the Rollei IR, my stash of Ilford SFX arrived today and has duly been "stashed" for future use but I'd like to try true IR at some point and Rollei is one of the most reasonable.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin