Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,250   Online: 751

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh, the news are really great - if ILFORD HARMAN would carry the whole line of the products needed for quality black-and-white photography, including toners, it would help greatly to many people. I am making my selenium toner now all by myself from raw selenium - who knows, if ILFORD toner would be available and the price would be attractive, maybe I would switch? Much thanks to you, Simon, and to new wise ILFORD management!

Cheers from Moscow, Zhenya

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    That's great news, Simon. I still have a pretty good supply of KRST on the shelf, but when it runs out, I'll be interested in trying out the Ilford alternative.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    According to my rigorous scientific testing (sniffing it) KRST must be 70 - 80% ammonium thiosulfate based on how much stronger it stinks than the 60% ammonium thiosulfate I use for making fixer. Will the Ilford product use ammonium thiosulfate to create the alkaline environment (that is why they use it, right?) the selenium needs to work in?

Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great. I just thought to ask one chemical company to mix for me Selenium toner... Now I will wait for Ilford...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What are you tring to do Simon, with all your tempting products and offers? Lure me back to the darkside of Black and White? Long live Velvia!!!

It is fantastic to see what Ilford is doing these days!! Keep up the good work.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is great news. I have always preferred Ilford's chemistry in general and use Kodak's Selenium currently. Eagerly awaiting the availability of Bromophen right now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm interested. I've used Kodak's product exclusively for many years but I have my doubts it will remain available much longer in the future.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Simon,

a related question. Why do the Ilford papers, in my experience, not take to toning as well (and quickly) as others such as Forte, Kentmere, etc?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Great news SImon. Now I can finally get completely away from Kodak.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is fantastic news, absolutely wonderful. A big thank you is in order!

Marco

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin