Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,872   Online: 871

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Toning

Our RC papers are 'known' for not toning as easily as some others :

I have over the years seen various 'solutions' but they do tone, I am
    launching a range of toning products and will get the best chemistry and
    ensure the guide notes and instructions are perfect to tone our
    products and deliver the right end result.

It is fair to say our RC products do not lith as well as some other papers .

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    How about coming up with a lith paper and developer then?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Will you be bringing out a Sistan type product?

Clayton

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is great news Simon. I will look forward to using the Selenium for sure but I am also glad to see that you mention Gold Toner. I use Gold quite a lot and currently the best source is the Fotospeed Au20 which I order from Calumet. My biggest complaint with this (aside from the price) is that it only ships in one liter liquid containers.

Tim R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news, glad to hear it!
    Finally, some of the products are trickling through to Canada - I just bought a boat load of Perceptol as soon as it poked its head up! The minute the Selenium hits the shelf, its in my cart!
    Simon, once again I have to say how impressed I am with what you are doing on behalf of your company - talk about client relations!

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    The reaction of the selenium on the silver halide (AgX) of the print hardens the adherence of the image to the paper, thereby improving its stability, permanence and archival properties

Ummm, what does this mean? Have the Harman folks discovered a new chemical mechanism, or is this just marketing fancy?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    It is fair to say our RC products do not lith as well as some other papers .

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology
    Thanks for the news Simon. On the subject of lith, would there be any mileage in trying to get Ilford IRP 110 produced again? I've never used it but I'm looking at some stunning lith prints in Gene Nocon's book "Photographic Printing" made with this paper.

Kind Regards,
    Dave.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Selenium toning of Ilford WT Fibre Based

I have used many Ilford products over the years and have been very happy with them. One product that I used sparingly is Ilford WT Fibre paper. It is a wonderful product and the Dmax is incredible. However, it has limited use in my darkroom because I had had trouble controlling the warmth during toning. It is usually far too intense.

So my 5 cents worth is that the new selenium toner should be capable of toning the WT Fibre with minimal effect on warmth; the untoned warmth is more than enough for my taste. To this end some testing should be done on the effect of dilution and other variables on colour change.
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    2006 is ending soon, so have any of you got your hands on the toner yet? I don't see it on shelves in Montreal, but I suppose my dealer is lazy.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin