Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,393   Online: 691

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

FujiFilm introduces Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional film at PMA

FUJIFILM INTRODUCES FUJICHROME PROVIA 400X PROFESSIONAL

Valhalla, NY, February 14, 2006 - Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. announces the introduction of Fujichrome Provia 400X Professional film at the PMA 2006 Annual Convention and Trade Show. The new high-speed color reversal film delivers new levels of color saturation, ultra-fine grain, rich tone reproduction and improved color image stability. Fujichrome Provia 400X features Epitaxial Sigma Crystal Technology for ultra-fine grain (RMS: 11) along with new generation couplers and new color correction technology for excellent performance and image stability. The new film will replace Fujichrome Provia 400F, a favorite among professionals for commercial and fashion photography.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...0&CAT_ID=-1007
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Images
    Cool!
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    This is one I am looking forward to as well. I haven't used the 400F much, I think I would like to do more night stuff - so, this might be the ticket.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    This is really awesome Sort of like waking up in the morning and finding out that something wonderful you didn't think possible had happened I really didn't think Fuji would update Provia 400F at this stage. It already was a good film.

Also, RMS 11 is mindboggling. RMS 11 is what 100 speed films used to be - no, wait, some of them still are.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Provia 400F is a really nice film, I have used it for handheld-purposes since it were introduced and it always amazes me. I look forward to try it and compare it to Provia 100F which I also use a lot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good news indeed Robert, I use Fuji slide films exclusively, and this bodes well for the company's continuing commitment to film. Makes me wonder how soon it will be before they apply this technology to Velvia 100, and the other transparency films in their already excellent range

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bentley Boyd
    Good news indeed Robert, I use Fuji slide films exclusively, and this bodes well for the company's continuing commitment to film. Makes me wonder how soon it will be before they apply this technology to Velvia 100, and the other transparency films in their already excellent range
    I believe the technology in this film is already part of Velvia 100. Here are the specs for Velvia 100: http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...n/AF3-202E.pdf
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    RMS 11 :o Thats finer than K64, on paper at least. In another thread I wos told that there was not much that can be done to inprove film very much. I do wonder how Fuji do it, I wonder if there will be a Provia 100X ETC.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Take a look here and here here Guy in Japan using it and with the new ZF 85mm lens.

Fuji told me that they are expecting stocks in the UK Janurary 2007!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin