Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,917   Posts: 1,521,921   Online: 1063

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

FujiFilm introduces new Fujichrome T64 Professional at PMA

FUJIFILM INTRODUCES NEW FUJICHROME T64 PROFESSIONAL

Valhalla, NY, February 14, 2006 - Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. announces the introduction of new Fujichrome T64 Professional at the PMA 2006 Annual Convention and Trade Show. The new ISO 64 tungsten-type color transparency film delivers ultra-fine grain and optimum tonal scale and gradation under tungsten lighting. Fujichrome T64 Professional incorporates new-generation color couplers and new color correction technology which ensure pure, accurate color reproduction, making this film ideally suited for a wide range of product shots, interiors, furniture, architecture, certain medical imaging needs and other professional applications requiring tungsten lighting. The new film also possesses excellent color image stability.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...7&CAT_ID=-1007
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last month after reading this thread

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00KpKr,

since I had another shoot planned to illustrate one of my wife's occasional magazine articles, I attempted to purchase a box of 4x5 RTP II to go with the four 120 rolls of Fuji's old version still in my freezer. No such luck. So I bought 20 QuickLoad sheets of the new T64 and hoped for the best.

On the way home from work yesterday I picked up finished tranparencies from the lab. Images for the cover and some full page shots were on 4x5 T64; the rest had been exposed on 120 RTP II. Bottom line: everything J.M. says in the linked thread is correct. While one might easily compensate for what appears to be an actual film speed of 80, the yellow-green cast is obnoxious. I send this publication transparencies which it scans with the goal of matching in print what's on film. Not a good idea for T64!

I'm going to reshoot the 4x5 images using one of my three remaining 120 rolls of RTP II to complete this round. Our next article isn't planned for another nine months. Between now and then I'll need to decide whether film is still viable for this. It just might be time to ride a different horse on this course.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Thanks Sal. I haven't used it myself, and it is good to hear your account about using it.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin