Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,762   Posts: 1,516,170   Online: 989

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

16 X 20 ART MAILERS. WHERE ARE THEY HIDING?

Hi

I am finding it impossible to find a 16 X 20 Protective Art Mailer in the U.K and was wondering what the rest of you are doing to mail your work with adequate protection.

The link below will show you what I am looking for but the company do not ship out of the U.S.A

http://www.packagingprice.com/forms/product_detail.cfm?categoryID=10188&productID=5203

My GOOGLE search has failed to find the size I need.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards

Stoo
    Last edited by Stoo Batchelor; 02-14-2006 at 02:42 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: url

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I havn't been able to find any. I use DIY packing; or better still reuse BobF's packing, he's very good at it. If it's an unmounted print, as a stop-gap measure, consider rolling it around a card tube and protecting it with bubblewrap.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry

I can't seem to make the URL above work.

Probably tiredness

Stoo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If you snip off all the bits after .com Then it works.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Dave

They must be out there somewhere!

I'll keep searching

Regards

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stoo: the link is broken (second one today - wonder if the APUG site editor is having a bad hair day..) Try: http://www.packagingprice.com/forms/...productID=5203

Can't help BTW - I couldn't even find a decent 12x16 mailer in the UK. I had to resort to cutting up three-ply corrugated cardboard and gaffer taping all 4 edges - optional extra is foam core as well. Not the most elegant solution, but it is only for exchanges . Probably stronger than that mailer though - looks like anything falling on it will dent the print badly and at only 1/4 inch deep there's not much room for extra padding.

Cheers, Bob.

Just remembered: for 12x16 there is this possibility: http://www.ekmpowershop.com/ekmps/sh...&productid=636
    the internal dimensions should be adequate. That's the largest I could find.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.uline.com/Browse_Listing_...2DFold+Mailers

Uline has a lot of everything as long as you can order in quantity.
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Two pieces of thin plywood duct taped together is a bit heavy, but it works. Jorge has sent me 3 or 4 11x14 sized prints from Mexico and they all arrived fine.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ULINE is where I get mine up to 24"x36" here in the States. Since they come flat and are therefore very large, they have to ship via freight at that size. A 16"x20" would probably ship flat as 32"x 24"(Flaps on the end which must fold over as well). You might be able to have ULINE ship that size via DHL or Fedex but the shipping would be very high no doubt. Even domestically, the actual cost is about doubled when shipping is considered. Then you would have to be concerned with damage during their trip as they are just cardboard. Surely(and I know your name is not Surely), there must be a Packaging supplier in the UK with something very similar.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibran
    Surely(and I know your name is not Surely), there must be a Packaging supplier in the UK with something very similar.
    Thank you All.

I must admit that I am finding it hard to believe that there is no supplier of such a product in this country!

I have sat for a good few days and searched, and come up with a blank. I have contacted a company with regards to making them from scratch, as the product is already being made, in the form of a book wrap, only not to the size needed. As yet, I have had no response.

It looks like making them myself will more than likely be the final answer.

Kind Regards

Surely

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin