Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,384   Online: 1140

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is obviously a hoax.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    This is obviously a hoax.
    I suspect you may be correct.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    First, the date is in the future.

Second, Fuji is in NJ and not Valhalla NY (that is where Mamiya is).

Third, color couplers?

Fourth, avante should be ashamed of himself.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have found this http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...ID=NEWS_547217 Same film only in quickload by the look of it.

Looks like they have come up with new chems thought
    http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...ID=NEWS_845137

would have thought Fuji owuld update the existing Acros soon than they would do this. I thought PMA stuff is kept secret untill PMA, no?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b
    Second, Fuji is in NJ and not Valhalla NY (that is where Mamiya is).
    I posted three announcements earlier today, all listed Valhalla, NY - I got all three announcements directly from Fuji's public web site.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epa...andingPage.jsp

And PMA only runs to March 1st, not April 1st.

Note: the keynote address is being given by Shigetaka Komori, CEO of Fuji.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I hope everyone enjoyed the April Fool's joke, although February is a bit early for that.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    35mm
    There's a Rollei branded iso 25 B&W film out as well (as in you can order it from B&H). Lots of uses for iso 25.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by QuillianSW
    There's a Rollei branded iso 25 B&W film out as well (as in you can order it from B&H). Lots of uses for iso 25.
    That'll last as long as the master rolls of APX hold out.

I've used ISO 25 film a fair amount -- in subminiature (16 mm microfilms, that is). I'd much rather have faster, but I've rather gotten used to a film with fine enough grain that a 10x enlargement shows nothing but smooth tones -- I'm limited by the quality of the camera and enlarger lenses, and my ability to hold the camera steady and focus accurately, instead of by the film grain.

And I've got a roll of ADOX CMS 20 in my Spotmatic right now; I'm looking forward to seeing what this film (another microfilm product of unspecified origin) can do with the developer I've been using on Imagelink HQ and Copex Rapid -- especially behind a top quality, fast lens and in a camera that can take real advantage of slow shutter speeds.

In fact, unless the new, hypothetical Delta 25 or Acros 25 were significantly cheaper than CMS 20, I don't know I'd have a lot of use for it. Sure, I need a special developer for the microfilm product -- but I have that already in hand, in support of my 16 mm cameras. And I'd be amazed if a delta-grain ISO 25 film, in a conventional developer, could rival the quality of a good microfilm image. Four bucks a roll is a little steep (to someone used to bulk loading with economy film), but better than the $7 for the other similar products (or a lot more yet for Gigabit, though their price includes the developer).

And most of the time, I'm a LOT more comfortable with ISO 400 loaded than even with ISO 100, let alone *another* two stops slower...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Qualls
    That'll last as long as the master rolls of APX hold out.
    The Rollei 25 is not APX 25. Only the Rollei Retro 100 and 400 are from the Agfa master rolls. Rollei 25 is made by Maco.
    Amund

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's my understanding that Maco is an alternate brand for Efke, which is now sold in many locations as ADOX. Which means the Rollei 25 is probably indistinguishable from Efke 25, including the very low red sensitivity. Not sure what's gained by paying a Rollei price, unless Efke is going to stop selling the same product(s) for a lot less under their own name or ADOX brand. Maybe it's just another illustration of Barnum's Law.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin