Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,472   Online: 1063

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

FujiFilm introduces new Acros 25 Professional at PMA

FUJIFILM INTRODUCES NEW FUJI ACROS 25 PROFESSIONAL

Valhalla, NY, April 1, 2006 - Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. announces the introduction of new Fuji Acros 25 Professional at the PMA 2006 Annual Convention and Trade Show. The new ISO 25 Black and White film delivers ultra-fine grain and optimum tonal scale and gradation under strong lighting. Fuji Acros 25 Professional incorporates new-generation color couplers and new ultra fine tabular grain technology which ensure a high level of enlargement, making this film ideally suited for a wide range of product shots, interiors, furniture, architecture, certain medical imaging needs and other professional applications requiring the ultimate. The new film also possesses excellent archivability.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/ep...07&CAT_ID=-10089
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    April 1st dateline and a dead link?

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande
    FUJIFILM INTRODUCES NEW FUJI ACROS 25 PROFESSIONAL

Valhalla, NY, April 1, 2006 - Fuji Photo Film U.S.A., Inc. announces the introduction of new Fuji Acros 25 Professional at the PMA 2006 Annual Convention and Trade Show. The new ISO 25 Black and White film delivers ultra-fine grain and optimum tonal scale and gradation under strong lighting. Fuji Acros 25 Professional incorporates new-generation color couplers and new ultra fine tabular grain technology which ensure a high level of enlargement, making this film ideally suited for a wide range of product shots, interiors, furniture, architecture, certain medical imaging needs and other professional applications requiring the ultimate. The new film also possesses excellent archivability.

http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/ep...07&CAT_ID=-10089
    Tried this link and nothing.
    I`m not sure of the point of an ISO 25 film these days. Another idle rumour to stand along side the one for Ilford Delta 25 perhaps? we`ll see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    April 1st dateline and a dead link?

Lee
    And why would a black and white film need color couplers?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There is plenty is room for a quality ISO 25 film today. Those of us who print 20x20 inches and above off 6x6 film are hard pressed in finding a replacement for the revered Kodak Technical Pan. Leave it to Fuji to show Kodak how to run an imaging business.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by TimVermont
    And why would a black and white film need color couplers?
    Or be used for "other professional applications requiring the ultimate."

The ultimate what? The antepenultimate I could maybe understand...

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Another use for ISO 25 film is enabling narrow depth of field in bright light. (Yes, ND filters can achieve the same effect, but you need one to fit the lens you intend to use. I've got some lenses that use very odd filters, like the rear-mounted filters for my Zenitar 16mm. I'd probably have to get an ND filter custom made for that lens.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The link doesn't work because its shortened (see the ... in the middle?) maybe if someone could post the entire link it would work.

Also, for colour couplers, I'm going to take a wild guess here and assume that this refers to sensitizing dyes (which would relate to the films spectral sensitivity, right?)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    There is no mention of this on Fuji's PMA announcement page. I wonder if it was an internal thing, not meant to be released to the public yet. I guess we will have to wait for avandesande to answer the question, of where he found the link.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    yeah, I saw no mention of it in their press release either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin