Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,875   Online: 1068

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Holga

Kodak Endura Metalic RA4

Been interested in this paper for a year now and constantly getting bumph through from Kodak on it, but I cannot source any, due to high demand! Has anyone had any luck in sourcing this paper in the UK, has anyone experinced it? The two sizes that seem to be available are 11x14 (£75) and 20x24 (£232).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used this paper and it is lovely. Some subjects look better than others and B&W prints look unbelievable. It is tricky stuff. Once under glass much of the metallic sheen can disappear. Large subjects with big areas of subtle tonal changes in the midtones works really well. I have only purchased in the USA and bought rolls. I have never bought it sheet wise.

Kodak and Fuji's Flex materials have similar reflective characteristics, due to the very high gloss have the appearance of being higher resolution, is more expensive, and easily purchased (in the USA). I have heard from one APUGer that Fuji Flex fades very quickly. This has not been my experience (I have been printing on it for about 5 years) with Kodak's Flex.

Are you trying to buy in a store or mail order. You might try mail order or even ask a Lab if they can add a box to their kodak purchases -- this is how I bought mine.

Shooter
    Holga
    I am currently trying to buy online, my main paper at the moment is the revamped Ilfocolor which they are calling Ilford Digital. This can only be bought in rolls but is an ultra high gloss paper with a Dupont plastic base, very similar to Cibachrome. The style I am working in at the moment suits high gloss papers with good contrast, the Kodak Metalic looks interesting to give it that different edge.

I will look into the Flex as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ever tried this paper?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/sc_pro...at_id=&pid=231

Thought it looked kind of interesting, but at $2.50/8x10 I think I pass for now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Metallic is also available in 8x10.

I have a box in the freezer right now.

PE

Shooter
    Holga
    Not in the UK, PE. I have the two choices as described above. In fact I have access to no sizes whatsoever!

Silverprint seem the only guys in the UK who can get it and they say Kodak is out of stock and wont be getting any for at least a week.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LAMitchell
    Not in the UK, PE. I have the two choices as described above. In fact I have access to no sizes whatsoever!

Silverprint seem the only guys in the UK who can get it and they say Kodak is out of stock and wont be getting any for at least a week.
    Try www.calumetphoto.com and select United Kingdom. Last I looked they had metallic in 8x10, but that was admittedly last year.

PE

Shooter
    Holga
    They have the paper:- Endura Metallic Paper 20.3 x 88m Roll £196+vat

Think I'll wait a couple of weeks and try and sort out my BLIX in the meantime

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How odd. They had 50 sheet boxes of 8x10" last time I looked.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After the comments here I tried this paper today. My second foray into the world of colour negative printing, and I'm quite pleased with the results. I picked up a box of 11x14, now I have 47 sheets left to use up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin