Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,698   Posts: 1,549,096   Online: 1106

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rodinal revived!

I just read on the website of the German Schwarzweiss Magazine (Black and White Magazine) that A&O, who took over the Minilab business from the ruins of AGFA, have yielded to pressure from photo dealers and will again produce most of the AGFA chemicals. These were specifically mentioned: Rodinal, Rodinal special, Neutol WA, Neutol NE, Sistan, Viradon, Agepon, Agefix.

I guess that we can all smile again.

Jon
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    This isn't quite new news...what would be good to know is WHEN they're going to start. I want to know how much of the old batch I should buy up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The magazine does not say, only mentions that a pricelist will be sent out during this month.
    Jon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roll on Neutol WA
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is from Silverprint's site :

As they promised, the German company a&o, who aquired Agfa's chemical range after the dissolution of AgfaPhoto, have lost no time in relaunching the range onto the market . All products are available apart from one or two of the more esoteric ones, Viradon toner and Sistan image stabiliser, and these are unlikely to be made again. However all the favourites are there, including Rodinal neg. developer and the Neutol print developers, and we are expecting the first big delivery on 1'st March.
    I also find the following info, that was news for me (maybe not for you guys...):

End of an era - Oriental Seagull was the paper that Silverprint started off with, and the first shipment was brought into the UK in 1984. Although it got off to a great start, and quickly became a cult material here, in later years it had a troubled existence, including abysmal performance by 2 other UK importers, and Oriental themselves going into receivership some years ago.
    Although the factory was re-established, production ceased some time ago, and the paper now sold under the Oriental brand is manufactured elsewhere.
    The new paper offers no advantages over other generally available brands, and in particular does not lith process. It is also considerably more expensive than other brands so we are no longer bringing it into the UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love the smell of Agefix! It's also the cheapest fixer I can find over here.
    woohoo!!!

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there any word on Refinal? I love that developer.
    Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That will probably change. I have to wonder if Agfa could of saved itself by increasing prices 5 or 10 percent. Their stuff was of high quality and ridiculously cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by argus
    I love the smell of Agefix! It's also the cheapest fixer I can find over here.
    woohoo!!!

G
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Large Format
    Just visited the Freestyle site and they have Rodinal advertised as being available on 3/27, wonder what will happen to the price on E-bay?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande
    That will probably change. I have to wonder if Agfa could of saved itself by increasing prices 5 or 10 percent. Their stuff was of high quality and ridiculously cheap.
    That's true - even the RC paper was always the cheapest on the shelves, but I found the quality to be very high. I would pay a bit more to see the stuff keep coming - better than the $50 a bottle Rodinal shcemes of eBay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin