Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,686   Online: 759

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

SCALA Processing Labs

I would be interested in hearing about labs that process SCALA (35 & 120) - perferably near NYC, but mail-order is also fine. I stopped by at Duggal's on Sunday to drop off a couple of rolls and they told me that they would stop processing SCALA - maybe as early as March of this year. I still have some rolls left and there is no way I can finish them off by March.

I know color reflections does it (I have a mailer), but I would be interested in hearing about other labs. Also, does anyone have any experiences with this lab?

Your help/suggestion is much appreciated.

Regards.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I really like NewLab in San Francisco, 415 905 8555,
    I run 500+ sheets of 4" X 5" per month and never had a problem, only twice run Scala and it was fine.
    Good luck!
    Rory

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay
    I would be interested in hearing about labs that process SCALA (35 & 120) - perferably near NYC, but mail-order is also fine. I stopped by at Duggal's on Sunday to drop off a couple of rolls and they told me that they would stop processing SCALA - maybe as early as March of this year. I still have some rolls left and there is no way I can finish them off by March.

I know color reflections does it (I have a mailer), but I would be interested in hearing about other labs. Also, does anyone have any experiences with this lab?

Your help/suggestion is much appreciated.

Regards.
    Given that Agfa Photo went bankrupt Scala processing will stop RSN more or less anywhere except possibly at dr5. Simply because very few unexposed film and unused chemicals will remain.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    http://www.mainphoto.com/scala_processing_update.htm

This is the lab in California where I send my Scala to be developed. Main Photo is one of the three labs in the US that I knew of that used to develop this film. I usually send them Scala and EIR at the same time, just because I've had good service from them.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay
    I would be interested in hearing about labs that process SCALA... but mail-order is also fine.
    If you're thinking about moving to the Netherlands: http://www.scolor.nl/ :-)

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    dr5 processes Scala in dr5 chemistry, and they also will reversal process other B&W neg films (Tri-X looks really nice in dr5). Info at www.dr5.com
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    ...Tri-X looks really nice in dr5.
    Last time I looked the film turned out black...

Sorry about this... will let you carry on being serious ;-).
    Jeroen

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    For transparancys from black and white I would look into DR5 as David pointed out . I understand there work is outstanding.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I will keep these in mind.

Best,

Shooter
    Medium Format

I will 3rd dr5!

I live very close to this lab and I would recommend it highly!

I might be wrong, but i think all of the AGFA labs cant run the film because they can't get the chemistry, the dr5 folks mixes their own.

The custom machine they had built is impressive, and Dave is a very nice fellow.

As I am told, most of their clients are mail in.

I used to use SCALA but i use the ILFORD films now in dr5, They also process the SCALA film better, at least to me.

I use the HP5 @ 1000iso. a little grainer(not much) but great speed and quality.
    DELTA100 is to die for!

I want to try the EFKE films as Dave has suggested when I visit.
    PS; Colorreflections just closed, if you didnt know.

PSS; www.dr5.com

jt, Denver CO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin