Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,043   Online: 833

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You lost me there, Curt. Because Kodak supplies HC-110 as the developer to hospitals and other institutions that are dedicated to it's use ( no digital substitute ! ), for which there is NO alternative developer, and who just mint money for Rochester ?

I worked in a hospital for 25 years in medical imaging, where do they use HC-110? I don't buy the no alternative developer either, I'm passed that one, along with there is only one paper and no other choice.

I'm not sure that eliminating all of the X-Omat processors for instance would not be a bad idea at all, they are dirty, unreliable, and environmentally unsound. And the film used in Radiology is obscene, not to mention the storage of it for the 5 years required. Ultrasound went filmless and it wasn't the end of the world. I hope that the medical industry goes totally digital in my life time.

At home in my photo world I can live with what is available and the point I make is I would like a little lead time on the discontinuance of materials in that I may make a smoother transition to new ones. That's the wish, reality is that the business world is not there for me to be prepared.

I am at the end of the photographic grieving process. Debating these things are the biggest troll of all for me.

Posts like "do you use a tripod" has more relevance.

I gave my reasons for selecting a new developer and didn't rag on any company and what do you know. Troll, Troll, Troll.

Will we ever see the end of this stufff?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PE is a troll?

That is news to me, I would have a better time beliving that those who keep perpetuationg unfounded rumors to be trolls, Ron, seems to be someone who is realistic and honest in his posting, I would never consider him a troll...

If anyone has heard a creadably press release that Kodak is getting out of the chemistry business I would like to see it, so far that has not came true, so I will continue on with what I do....

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This really is getting silly... If you want to continue buying Kodak chemicals (or any other product) continue to do so. If they stopped tomorrow, there would still be enough in the supply chain to get you over the hump until you find something else to use instead. Certainly do not let what some unknown bloke in a camera shop says influence you one way or the other - that would just be absurd.

Camera shops have a long tradition of trying to sell you what they want to sell you, rather than what you want to buy. What they want to sell you at the moment is digitaldoodahs. Anyone taking the word of a salesperson deserves the mess into which they will get themselves.

Here endeth the Lesson...

Cheers, Bob.

P.S. Can a Mod poke this thread with a stick in to the Doom and Gloom forum? Please?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    why don't you all just be a little more flexible
    in reality any mono film developer will develop any mono film
    times are available or are easy to figure
    is your work really soo precious you must always use the same materials

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath
    How silly of you Ray, of course it is. I have a festering resentment over Pan-X and Microdol replenisher. They are the consummate magic bullitt and I cant have them anymore. Just thinking about it makes me mad. Now I have to go find a cat to kick. Here kitty kitty...
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by df cardwell
    You lost me there, Curt. Because Kodak supplies HC-110 as the developer to hospitals and other institutions that are dedicated to it's use ( no digital substitute ! ), for which there is NO alternative developer, and who just mint money for Rochester ?

That's kind of interesting, since I just obtained a nice rotary darkroom door, some temperature control plumbing and a nice silver recovery unit from the local hospital because they "went digital."

Bruce

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    When I went to a dentist a few months ago, the x-rays were totally digital and popped right up on the computer screen next to my chair. The tech then named them and filed them -- total elapsed time about a minute.

My brother-in-law is an x-ray tech in a large hospital and he said almost everything they do now is digital. Occasionally there is a need for film, but not often (depends on the disease/injury being diagnosed); otherwise, this business is almost entirely digital and much more efficient as a result. Radiologists, for example, now read x-rays from distant offices and do not have to work on site as they once did!
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am still waiting to hear where HC-110 is used in hospitals.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Heath
    Ask Morten.
    Robert Hunt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt
    I am still waiting to hear where HC-110 is used in hospitals.
    Our hospital here uses HC-110, I used to sell them about 20 bottles a month when I worked in the photogrpahy store here in town, sorry, I did not know that was what this thread was about, but they still use it, heck we only have one dentist in the valley that uses digital imaging, and he is a hack...

Dave

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin