Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,248   Online: 810

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ilford Post Card paper will not be imported into Australia!

Ilford Post Card paper will not be imported into Australia!

That is the quote I received from the new Ilford distributor to Australia, C. R. Kennedy, on Friday the 24th of February.

The newly appointed distributors of Ilford products didnít know too much about Ilford product. Which is reasonably understandable as their appointment, (from what I can understand) comes after the former Ilford Australia, closed up shop a short time ago.

Whatever, it appears that they have no intention at this stage, as there has been no demand for that particular line. When I pointed out that yes, Ilford UK pulled the product from the system years ago, due to lack of sales, but the new company, Harmon, had re-introduced it.

It then became apparent that the person whom I was talking to had a quick re-think, he enquired as to where my source of information came from, to which I replied Harmon in the UK, I was then asked for my phone number etcetera, so that he could, if new information became available, telephone me the news.

It appears that if we in Australia wish to avail ourselves of this interesting product, we have two options:-

One, we source it from overseas.

Two, we pursue C.R. Kennedy for the product.

If you go onto their website

www.crkennedy.com.au

You will see all manner of products listed but nothing about Ilford products. I thought this a bit strange, so I put in a search for Ilford and got zilch.

Sort of makes you wonder about their support for the product, eh?

I wonder if Simon from Harmon, is able to shed some light on this?

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been asking my local supplier to find out about the reintroduced Ilford postcard paper from C.R.Kennedys for the past couple of weeks but haven't heard anything yet. I'll add a bit more pressure when I see him next week as I also need to find out if Ilford 8x10 Ortho+ film is available here.

Unfortunately the problem in Australia isn't limited specifically to Ilford products. Things like ULF sized Ortho film from Bergger, certain Forte photographic papers, Kodak TXP in sheet film sizes, hobbyist sized quantities of some photographic chemicals, etc are impossible to source locally. I don't enjoy paying high overseas shipping costs for these sorts of items but the local distributors often leave me with little choice.

Roger.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ilford- Where in the bloody hell are you?
    "A certain amount of contempt for the material employed to express an idea is indispensable to the purest realization of this idea." Man Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like we need to get a case of the stuff and send to the apuggers in Austrailia.

What else can apug do to help the Auzzies get their paper fix?
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quick, lets hear it folks.

Where is the Ilford bashing for ignoring all of the photographers in Australia?

Just kidding, but it does sound very ironic to me and a bit humorous.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As of this morning I've given them another prod so we'll see what happens. Humorous may well turn out to be the minimum order requirement.

Roger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Roger, did you telephone, or an email?

Was their answer, remotely positive?

Telephone calls may have more of an effect, especially if the same person answers all of the calls, from different parts of the country.

On the other hand, a myriad of emails could also have the same effect.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PE, I thought my original posting was Ilford bashing.

Controlled polite, hopeing to get a positive result bashing.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan
    Roger, did you telephone, or an email?

Mick.
    Hi Mick,

I walked into the shop and politely asked the guy behind the counter to chase it up (along with some 8x10 Ortho+) with the CR Kennedy rep. He's done it for me for years as I'm always after oddball items so I have confidence I'll get a definitive answer - it just may take him a few days to synchronise with the rep. I suspect availability will depend a lot on whether CR Kennedy's can special order it from the UK without a large minimum order. If not and it gets treated as an 'indent' item we'll probably have to beg Aggie or someone for some overseas help.

Roger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, I took it to be C. R. Kennedy bashing... It is not Ilford who is refusing to send it to Australia - I'm sure they would be only too happy for the money - it is the local distributor who says they will not stock it.

So, Mr. Irony is happily sitting back in his comfy fireside chair, relaxing with a nice single malt and a cigar with no intention of donning his hat and coat and exiting the house to do battle in the Australasian countryside.

Cheers, Bob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin