Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,484   Posts: 1,571,275   Online: 1052

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcallow
    What Ed says and I'd add their c41 chems and the UC film line.
    I've heard a lot about the UC films, but in Croatia, the UC line is not distributed at all. Instead, they still sell Supra films, which is funny, I wonder where do they get them from.

They import from UK Kodak and French Kodak. Uk and France sell UC films as "Elite color" line.
    Everything that Kodak makes is available here (all chrome films, negatives and chemicals, even lab films) exept for the UC (Elite) line. I have no idea why they don't import it, and where do they still get Supra films from.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ed,

They used to sell the Supra films here in the states, they changed them to the UC film a while ago, in actual shooting, I have noticed very little difference, not any more difference that I ever did from lot to lot of the Supra films.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    That film might be dead with the over 50's crowd, not so with the younger people.
    Though I'm over 50, it's nice to know my choices are those of 'the younger people'. Now I wonder what else we have in common??
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Good news indeed!

Images
    Load of crap. All marketing hype BS. Tomorrow Kodak will announce they have discontinued themselves.

Well....SOmeone had to interject doom and gloom into a positive thread.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    Load of crap. All marketing hype BS. Tomorrow Kodak will announce they have discontinued themselves.

Well....SOmeone had to interject doom and gloom into a positive thread.

MARK....

SLAP!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ann
    just to add to this news;
    yesterday my dealer was telling me that in a news letter they received there was an article about the growing trend with the 17 to 25 age group and their growing interest in film. That film might be dead with the over 50's crowd, not so with the younger people.
    I have noticed over the last couple of years that the students registering to take B/W darkroom classes where I teach, in the last couple of years, have been fewer in number and younger in age. The downward trend in numbers has stopped and the ages do seem to fall into the 17 - 25 yr grouping (with women outnumbering men).

They have in common that they have tried the digital thing and now want to try it the "old school" way. Some of them are investing in the darkroom equipment that these over-50s folks are divesting themselves of.

(temporal readjustment required - I'm 51 and never considered what I know and practice as "old school". Maybe it is one of those trees/forest perspective things. I am still shooting film and plan to continue though I am starting to think about trying the D thing with negative sc*ns and D printing...)

The good thing is that the "Great Yellow Father" might still believe in film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was in a camera store today in White Rock, British Columbia. It was more like the old style store then some, but it was in a strip mall.

I had been in there a few months earlier, and they had a small but usable selection of chemistry and paper, which included some Ilford postcard paper - this was before I knew what postcard paper was. So I went back today, wondering if they still had some.

No luck, it was gone, and their selection was markedly smaller too for the other darkroom supplies.

I wandered around, and saw that they actually had 120 film in the fridge - both Kodak and Fuji. I also looked into their small but interesting wall cabinet of used items, and saw a couple of things of interest, so I asked to see them.

The sales clerk was a young woman with a discrete nose piercing - maybe late teens or early twenties. She was very enthusiastic - we agreed that the used equpment cabinet was always the most interesting.

I ended up buying some (new) Sepia toner, and two used Cable releases. As I was paying for them, I commented on how sad it was to see that their darkroom section was shrinking. Her response was very heartening. She told me that was because their biggest source of customers was the students taking photography courses at the high school. At this time of the year, everybody there will have bought all their supplies, so they have less stock. The good news was, as the next semester comes near, they will increase the stock again, and I should make sure to visit.

I left with my purchaes, and a smile!
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well as a 25 year old, all I can say is Yes! Finally I'm trendy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So whats the word about their chemistry?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin