Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,363   Online: 846

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For those in the US (and elsewhere) who are unfamiliar with the local situation, Kodachrome has been unavailable for sale in Australia since late 2004. Previously it was sold with processing and mounting costs included which made it attractive as the price was slightly cheaper than E6. The initial issue was the two week delay whilst it was processed. Around 2003 Kodak Australia decided it would only be available from a single mail order source. In early 2004 the local processing lab was shut down and all Kodachrome processing was sent to Switzerland with the delay increased to between four and six weeks. In September 2004 I received a notice saying although it would still be made, due to a lack of demand Kodachrome would no longer be imported into Australia and orders were limited to stock on hand.

Unfortunately I have not found anything comparable in the E6 range - it was quite simply unique. Others have already suggested alternatives which you may find suitable to your application and tastes. Alternatively Kodachrome can be imported from the US although the processing costs are not included. Kodak Australia may handle the processing for you for a fee. They are still honouring the processing included cost of my frozen, expired Kodachrome although I suspect there's a time limit.

Roger.

Shooter
    35mm
    Nicole I miss Kodachrome 25. If you want very pleasing skin tones then Astia 100f is hard to beat.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    Nicole I miss Kodachrome 25. If you want very pleasing skin tones then Astia 100f is hard to beat.
    I learned on the stuff as a kid. A lot of wasted film, LOL!

I have been buying up frozen 2002 / 2003 KM-25 since November of 2004. I now have 70 rolls, all to be shot in a tribute to the fine film in a Hassy XPan. The 64 and 200 will be shot in my FM3A's.

I am working directly with Gary at Dwayne's in Kansas...I can't really go into it much further than that, it could make some serious history. But I figured it was time to share a little of it..:-).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin