Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,384   Online: 694

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanderx1
    No, thats the reason why F6 still is alive. FM10 is alive because its made by Cosina and its production lines cannot thus be converted to making nikon DSLR-s
    FM-10 was in relation to educational establishments not to pros.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Durst to end production of new conventional enlargers July 31, 2006--

http://www.durst.it/index.php?id=8&language=2&detail=72

Reported on Mike Johnston's blog--

http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com/
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The pros i know use omega, i use a besalr 67(non color version
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The problem with Durst enlargers is that they last forever. So only a new lab would buy a new enlarger, the others already have one.

Thanks to the recent conversion of a lot of pro work to d*g*tal, now even the serious hobbyists (like myself) also have one.

Do I need another L138S? No. Would I ever buy another 5x7" enlarger? NO - not unless something happens to the one I have...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If anybody WANTS a Durst, ever, get one now. Today.

Call labs, Pro Labs, corporations with darkrooms. Offer to take it away
    before its THROWN OUT.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    At the moment there are many quality used enlargers on the market, but I am wondering how long this will last. It seems to me (personal observation only) that over the past 3 years the number of enlargers and accessories are dwindling on E Bay. In my local market I could find any on Craigs List. I hope one manufacture remains a going concern.

Paul

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fortunately, enlargers themselves are relatively low tech and most parts can be made with the same types of tooling used for many other devices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder to what extent we will see smaller niche manufacturers producing products such as enlargers in a few years time once the current used stock has settled?

Shooter
    35mm
    FWIW, I ran across this article a while ago and bookmarked it for curiosity's sake. It describes how to make an enlarger from a camera, a tripod, and miscellaneous do-dads. I can't say I've tried this myself, but it sounds like an interesting approach as a school project sort of thing for kids or if the used supply ever gets so low that used enlargers become unaffordable or unavailable. Of course, if and when the used supply dwindles to the point that prices go up significantly, that'll help keep new-enlarger manufacturers in business and/or motivate somebody to start making them again (if they've all folded by then).

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I thought there were still Schools and Colleges buying enlargers, plus the odd pro who still does enlarging, the odd lab who do hand prints as an optional extra you pay more and some amatures here, not a lot but I thought it would come to more than 4 figrures. Are enlargers not somthing that need replacing very often?

What I don't get it that I thought there was a digital head for the 504 these days.

Edit, have taken note that I apear to be pathially repeating myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin