Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,924   Posts: 1,556,697   Online: 1158

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

No more Durst Enlargers?

From the site www.durst.it:

"Durst, based on its Technology Know How in Inkjet Printing, its leadership in LF Graphics and the successful launch of the single-pass inkjet printer for ceramic tiles will concentrate its activities in further inkjet printing applications in new industrial areas".

After the demise of their 10x10 enlargers, will the superb L1200 disapear?

Helcio

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    There is absolutely no market for analoge new durst enlargers. Most of the Labs worldwide gave away or scrapped all their enlargers.
    Durst is producing lazer printers that use traditional wet processes and papers.
    I would imagine in the not to distant future Durst will introduce a medium format enlarger that is capable of analoge and digital exposure, to compete with Deveer Digital Heads and Varichromat digital heads for enlargers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    At the Focus Show in Birmingham (UK) the Durst stand had NO analogue equipment at all, the only enlargers were on the KAiser stand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, that doesn't sound too good...
    My 670 VC is new so has plenty pf prints still in it. Who knows, maybe sometime soon that 5x7 IFF enlarger I was given for free will be a rarity and sought after item in the quaint antiques category. Until then, I'm going to try to use it though. Ceramic tiles, eh? Is that VC or graded you think?
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

My Durst A300 from 1974 is more valuable than ever!

Obviously the market for new analog enlargers has shrunk and Durst must look to new business areas to avoid shrinking as a company. Those MBA-style words are emphasizing the new business directions. They don't say that Durst is ceasing production of enlargers, as queried by the title of this thread. From http://www.durst.it/, click on "Online Shop", and you will find that Durst is still selling enlargers. The future is hard to predict.

This seems like a Gloom and Doom thread -- guessing the discontinuation of a product.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think there are still educational establishments and the odd pro buying new enlargers (same goes for 35mm camera, prolly why the FM10 is still alive?) Also they make digital enlargers as well which are just standard enlargers with a digital head I think.

If Kodak are right, then there will be the need for somone to produce enlargers in the future, even if in small quantities.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    I think there are still educational establishments and the odd pro buying new enlargers (same goes for 35mm camera, prolly why the FM10 is still alive?) Also they make digital enlargers as well which are just standard enlargers with a digital head I think.
    De Vere also make digital heads to fit existing Durst, Omega and De Vere enlargers, and it doesn't seem likely this will stop. Not sure which models they fit, though....(or how much they are!)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I know they are not cheap, There are almost no amateurs with them, But I do know that those who do own them tend to be either labs or pros, so I would think they are catching on, Hopfully the darkrooms saving grace if the digiti crowd start using DR paper.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ajuk
    No, thats the reason why F6 still is alive. FM10 is alive because its made by Cosina and its production lines cannot thus be converted to making nikon DSLR-s

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin