Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,479   Online: 868

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    I currently have 400 rolls of Velvia that were commercially sold, 12 bulk rolls of velvia, 500 rolls of provia, 600 rolls of NPS, 400 rolls of portra 160 VC 200 rolls of Portra 160 NC, several dozen rolls of bulk B&W film and a 22 cubic freezer dedicated to film, several hundreds of sheets of 4x5 in both B&W as well as color print and slide film, if I know it has been stored properly and I continue to store it properly at freezing, I don't worry about it...oh I forgot, I have several hundreds of rolls of 120 and 220 film as well...

Now do me a favor, DON'T LET MY WIFE READ THIS MESSAGE!!!! Yikes

Dave
    Tell me Dave, has your wife failed to notice the 22 cubic feet thingy you seem to cherish, and visit every night, calling it "my pressshhhius?" You need to be careful the next time she buys ice cream!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    Tell me Dave, has your wife failed to notice the 22 cubic feet thingy you seem to cherish, and visit every night, calling it "my pressshhhius?" You need to be careful the next time she buys ice cream!
    The freezer is in my shop, which she don't visit during the winter months, its in the back part of the shop, but now that spring is comming, I may have to come clean! anybody got and extra room to spare, I might need a place to stay for a while!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't stock up, I don't have room for an additional cupboard, much less an additional refrigerator or freezer!

All the space allocated to me is taken up by camera and darkroom equipment!

Now if I could just figure out a way of convincing my wife that a refrigerated pottery film storage facility was just perfect for her, I might be able to get away with it!

Matt

P.S.

Does anybody have a good argument to convince my wife that a Beseler 67C enlarger makes a fine decorative addition to any hallway?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I generally like to have a good 20 rolls of my favorite film on hand and I 'collect' various others on Ebay/forums/shops at good prices or sometimes even free. Almost all expired stuff, though...I keep very little unexpired film right now. I'm not doing anything for pay and I like the extra grain that the expired stuff gives me sometimes...though the 3 year old TMX that I have is still relatively low grain.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing
    Does anybody have a good argument to convince my wife that a Beseler 67C enlarger makes a fine decorative addition to any hallway?
    Isn't that one of those "retro" quartz halogens from Ikea???
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My stocking is being controlled by suppliers that don't have an even inventory control and when the product is in it's impossible to stock up because the supplier limits the amount available. Then it's a wait of a year for another chance to acquire a stock. Times are indeed bad when it comes to acquiring a stock when you want a particular product.

I can't say I blame anyone for stocking up when possible, it's the only way to be prepared for work.

Where did all of that AZO paper go that Kodak reportedly produced but disappeared? It's that kind of practice that leads to hoarding; or may be a direct result of hoarding.

out of stock
    will be in soon
    limited quantities
    last run
    discontinuing at the end of the year
    low stock
    passed date

Currently I have a walk in freezer I rented in a warehouse that has Agfa, Kodak, Ilford, Fuji, Adox, Orwo, H&W; 35mm, 120, 220, all sheet sizes including odd dimensions just incase I decide to do say 3" x 27" pana.
    I have hundreds of thousands of rolls and sheets in both color and b&w.
    I have the same amount in paper including all the sizes, grades and surfaces.
    In a separate warehouse I have chemicals from all of the manufactures; every formula that was ever make is in large quantity. And Pigs can fly and I live on a tropical island...

Oh my God I've hijacked my own post!!!!!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    mmm what a big freezers you all have, i've got 15rolls of sensia 100 , some tmax 400 and 5 rolls of 120 hp5+. sometime;s I buy more but for now this is it. I don't have the money and freezerspace to stock large quantities of film maybe later I will begin my own warehouse.
    Greets RJ

Shooter
    Multi Format
    About 200 sheets of 4x5 in TriX in the freezer. Those expired in 2000 but are perfectly usable.
    FP4 and HP5 in 4x5 and 13x18 are in the fridge.

G

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I usualy only keep 6-8 rolls (120) and two or three boxes of 4x5 on hand, which is enough to keep me going for a reasonable amount of time.

- Randy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have about 4000 sheets of 4x5 B&W negative and chrome, 200 sheets of 8x10 and 250 sheets of 5x7. I have a film fridge/freezer too. Quote "Yikes!!"...EC

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin