Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,555   Online: 1000

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use black stockings the most...... Oh sorry wrong forum
    No I mean I don't stock up. I just buy say ten film at a time and use them.
    I do have a freezer dedicated for the purpose and it contains films given to me, filmtypes I havn't got around to use and ods and ends.
    Cheers Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    After ordering the film I have recently, I need to get a small freezer to put on the porch. My husband is tired of having film in the refrig/freezer.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    the other day, the wife went to move some things and busted a bag of fixer and couldn't figure out what the "Powdered" viniger was used for!
    The bag of fixer contained sodium diacetate. You can buy it from places that sell spices and other condiments. It is what's used on salt and vinegar potato chips. It can be used as a convenient source of stop bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Darkroom fridge with crisper drawers full of Agfa 120 film (B&W), shelves full of Agfa chems, beer on door racks. Freezer in barn full of sheet and roll film. Freezer in garage full of paper. Doesn't everyone live like this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    my fridge is pretty small and i don't have a bunch of room in it ... i have a little 8x10 and 120 + 35mm film in it ...
    i have the lion's share of my film on a shelf.
    some of it has been there for a long time and is very outdated ..
    and i haven't had any problems at all with it ... (b&w + color )
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My wonderful wife has been very patient so far. I'm keeping a couple of bricks of APX25-120, a few hundred sheets of APX100 - 4x5, a whole bunch of Ektachrome 64T - 4x5 I use for one particular client, a couple boxes FP4 5x7 for pinhole, and a couple rolls of Plus-X Aerographic film I bought on sale for reasons I haven't figured out yet, maybe I'll cut it in lil' strips and make 10,000 x 17.5mm rolls for a HIT camera someone gave me...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Several boxes of 120, 127 and 35mm in the back of the vegetable bin, no room for all the Time Zero I just ordered.... must get storage bin. I'll go through it too fast I'm afraid (

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have about 200 rolls of tri-x between 35mm and 120 I stocked up when the "old TRI-x" was discontinued a couple of years ago because I did not want to test for a new develpment time (I only use one film for the same reason, and TRI-X works for everything that I photograph). Although I shoot 90% B&W, I also have about 40 rolls of Fuji Velvia 50 ASA. I just purchased them when I heard that it was discontinued. All of my film is kept in a freezer. My position (I could be wrong) is that film stops aging when it is frozen. So, I don't even look at the dates. I usually shoot a test roll out of a sealed brick. I've never had a problem with out of date film. If I were actively buying film now, I would never buy less then a box because I like to have the same lot #.
    Often wrong, but never in doubt!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I've never seriously stocked film - I shoot it as fast as I get it. But, with the way things are going now, and the fact that I can buy very little (only B&W) locally, I guess I need to.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

I have a 23 cubic foot chest freezer stocked regularly with 4x5, 5x7, 8x10, 11x14, 8x20 and 12x20. I plan to get another chest freezer when the TMY is shipped. The numerous cases of 8x10, 10x12 and 20x24 Azo are in the basement where it is cool.

Life is short - play hard.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin