Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,998   Posts: 1,524,310   Online: 860

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have my mini 'fridge from university down in the cedar closet. My wife hijacked it a few years ago to put actual food into (oh the shame!). When I built my darkroom two summers ago, I reclaimed the fridge.

Now it is properly stocked...Beer on the door racks and there are about 20 rolls of Fomapan 100 in 120 plus 2 100ft rolls of Delta 400 and 3 100ft rolls of Delta-100. Because I mail order, I tend to bulk order for as much as I can cram into my little bar 'fridge at any one time. I also keep an eye out for specials at places like Freestyle (that's where I got the Fomapan and the Delta-100 last time).

Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Ed,

It varies but I guess I have about 500,000 rolls of film in my fridge at any one time, and lots of sheets, but only ILFORD...my personal favourite is and always has been HP5+ : And yes it is a very, very, very big fridge.........

Simon: ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear Ed,

It varies but I guess I have about 500,000 rolls of film in my fridge at any one time, and lots of sheets, but only ILFORD...my personal favourite is and always has been HP5+ : And yes it is a very, very, very big fridge.........

Simon: ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited
    AND you guys said I had a lot of stuff stocked up!!!!!!

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As much as I can afford whenever I can afford it. Currently 3 or 400 sheets of colour neg and equal number of chromes and slightly more B&W in 4x5. About 200 rolls of 120 and slightly less in 220 all chrome except about 40 rolls of 220 colour neg. I have about 20 rolls of 135 mostly colour neg with handful of b&w.

I need more but it will have to wait.

All of which is frozen.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I buy roll films in cartons of 100 rolls so I get a better deal and have substantial amounts of film from the same emulsion.

I have a deep freezer now so I stock enough of each film for about 1 - 2 years. If it turns out I use less than expected, still no problem since it's frozen.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well since I'm just a college student living at home until I get a better job and graduate I do not have full use of the large freezer as it is needed for things like meat and vegetables.

Anyway, What I do, if I can, is to get a bulk loaded roll of 100ft 35mm film and in one thing load up as many 36 exp rolls as I can and put them in a box and toss them in the freezer. All my 120 is in the freezer as I don't shoot MF much. Stuff like Fuji Superia print film and the like I don't even bother.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Let's see... No, on second thought I won't. It's full, and it's cold in there. I refuse to check what I have until I notice I'm running low on something!

Off the top of my head there are 50 rolls of 120 APX100, at least 500 sheets of 6.5x9cm APX 100, a few hundred of the same in 13x18cm and 9x12cm, several hundred FP4+ in 4x5" and 5x7", about 100 each of 4x5" and 13x18cm Ektachrome, 200 sheets of "assorted" 18x24cm film, 2 dozen Perutz Peromnia 13x18cm glass plates (exp. in the 1950's), two dozen Tmax 13x18cm plates, a dozen Slavich 9x12cm plates, a hundred or so various films in 24x30cm, and... ... ...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin