Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,055   Online: 928

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

your stocking habits

How much film do you stock in the freezer?
    What's your avarage number of rolls you stock up of one film?
    And how long after expiring date do you usually use film at worst?

Also which film do you feel most greedy about when it comes to buying supplies?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Davor
    How much film do you stock in the freezer?
    What's your avarage number of rolls you stock up of one film?
    And how long after expiring date do you usually use film at worst?

Also which film do you feel most greedy about when it comes to buying supplies?
    As much as I can afford and fit. I've got some efke 100 which expired in 2005, but I'll keep shooting it until it's all gone.

Gotta hoard anything that is on sale
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a refrigerator dedicated to my film and paper. I always look for bargains and stash them till I can use it.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm partial to fishnets, oh wait that's the other forum!!! I stock up when I can and currently have about 600 sheets of 4x5 FP4+, 100 rolls of 120 FP4, and 50 rolls of 35mm Neopan 400. I also have on hand some assorted 8x10 film and some 7x17 Efke 100 for a new camera that's being built. When it looked like Forte might go out of business I bought all the 11x14 Polygrade I could find and have that stashed away to. I don't worry too much about expiration dates and have never had a problem with film going bad. Sometimes paper that was stored too long has had a high level of fog, but not often enough to be a big problem. Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I currently have 400 rolls of Velvia that were commercially sold, 12 bulk rolls of velvia, 500 rolls of provia, 600 rolls of NPS, 400 rolls of portra 160 VC 200 rolls of Portra 160 NC, several dozen rolls of bulk B&W film and a 22 cubic freezer dedicated to film, several hundreds of sheets of 4x5 in both B&W as well as color print and slide film, if I know it has been stored properly and I continue to store it properly at freezing, I don't worry about it...oh I forgot, I have several hundreds of rolls of 120 and 220 film as well...

Now do me a favor, DON'T LET MY WIFE READ THIS MESSAGE!!!! Yikes

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    As much as I can afford and fit. I've got some efke 100 which expired in 2005, but I'll keep shooting it until it's all gone.

Gotta hoard anything that is on sale
    Yoy got the right idea, Jeremy. I don't buy on sale so much as I buy when I have the money. Right now I have 105 rolls of various brands of 35mm, 3 - 100' roles of 35mm ,4 -50' roles of 35,1 roll of 120,7 rolls of 110, and 19,yes,19 boxes of various 4x5 film. I am sure that other of you probably have a whole lot morte than I have. That doesn't count the 30 or so roles that I am going drop off for the students at the community college that I went to in St. Louis before I moved.

g
    Last edited by ggriffi; 03-06-2006 at 09:20 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    I currently have 400 rolls of Velvia that were commercially sold, 12 bulk rolls of velvia, 500 rolls of provia, 600 rolls of NPS, 400 rolls of portra 160 VC 200 rolls of Portra 160 NC, several dozen rolls of bulk B&W film and a 22 cubic freezer dedicated to film, several hundreds of sheets of 4x5 in both B&W as well as color print and slide film, if I know it has been stored properly and I continue to store it properly at freezing, I don't worry about it...oh I forgot, I have several hundreds of rolls of 120 and 220 film as well...

Now do me a favor, DON'T LET MY WIFE READ THIS MESSAGE!!!! Yikes

Dave

See, even before I posted someone already has more. Dave, I thought I got an evil eye when I say to SWMBO " Honey, can I have a couple of hundred for film?". You are really living on the edge.

Ed, In response to your other questions The only film that I have really "stocked up" on is panf in 35mm and provia and astia in both 35 and 4x5. The rest is kinda a hodge podge of things ranging from a roll of 25 Kodachrome, 1 roll which I will use some day, to ilford 3200. I guess if there was one product that I will buy several more boxes is adox 100 next time I order from jandc. I probably won't being buying much more 35 since I have started using 4x5. I don't really worry about expiration dates unless it is somewhere or something I will never get the chance to photograph again.

g
    Last edited by ggriffi; 03-06-2006 at 08:28 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Further Comments:

Images
    Good Evening,

I have several hundred sheets of copy film in the freezer, plus a modest assortment of different 35mm and 120 color films. Somewhere at the bottom of the collection, I may even have a few rolls of Pan-X from about thirty years ago.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lets see, I have Three rolls of FP4+, one roll HP5+, one roll Neopan 400, one Neopan 1600, one roll Tri-X all in 35MM, then two rolls FP4+ and one roll Pan F+, one roll Neopan Acros, and two rolls FP4+ all 120 size. Oh yes, one roll of something in the freezer... I forget what it is. I make a lot of photographs and save very little film.

Best regards,

Bill
    "Nobody is perfect! But even among those that are perfect, some are more perfect than others." Walt Sewell 1947

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ggriffi
    See, even before I posted someone already has more. Dave, I thought I got an evil eye when I say to SWMBO " Honey, can I have a couple of hundred for film?". You are really living on the edge.

g
    Gary,

It is an illness, there is no cure, I just can't help myself, when my friends go digital, and sell me their film, a good majority of what I have on hand came from people I know that changed to digital, and a bunch of it came from one of the local stores that went out of business and offered it to me for 90% off of retail prices, so I basically stoled it, I also bought all of the Chemicals they had in stock when they went out of business, I have a bunch of bottles of Microdol as well as lots of dry chems also..

It was pretty funny the other day, the wife went to move some things and busted a bag of fixer and couldn't figure out what the "Powdered" viniger was used for!

D

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin