Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,064   Online: 815

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Given that Jim sajianphotos in Idaho just bought a 100 sheet pack locally, the claims of only being available in 500 sheet packages may be one of those typical camera store "we'll sell you what we want to sell you, not what you want to buy" events... Try another supplier and see what they have to say.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I agree....I was thinking that, or he got a box of the last run.

Thankfully I was able to get a group to split a box up. I'll look into this abit more however...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Given that Jim sajianphotos in Idaho just bought a 100 sheet pack locally, the claims of only being available in 500 sheet packages may be one of those typical camera store "we'll sell you what we want to sell you, not what you want to buy" events... Try another supplier and see what they have to say.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    I agree....I was thinking that, or he got a box of the last run.

Thankfully I was able to get a group to split a box up. I'll look into this abit more however...
    The new stuff is in the identical box as before but has "Made in England by Harman Technology Limited" on the label - only way to tell the difference that I could see.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll buy it when I can get it as cheaply as our American cousins. 100 sheets sells for $21.00 in the US but here in Britain we have to pay (best price I've seen so far) £19.50 which is equivalent to $33.85. In fact I would even buy a 500 sheet box for the £51.00 equivalent of the $90 US price.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    I'll buy it when I can get it as cheaply as our American cousins. 100 sheets sells for $21.00 in the US but here in Britain we have to pay (best price I've seen so far) £19.50 which is equivalent to $33.85. In fact I would even buy a 500 sheet box for the £51.00 equivalent of the $90 US price.
    So would I Andy. I often buy items from the US because of the large disparity in UK prices, however the import duty (even if it's made here!) sometimes negates any gain.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With the 20% off the $90, making it about $72 even the import taxes going back to the UK would make it less than the $169 it would cost in the UK.

For me a 500 sheet box wouldn't last that long. I personally like the idea of only $70 verses the $100 it would have normally cost me for the same amount. Now to talk to Che at Looking Glass in Berkeley to see if she can get that size. For those of you who don't know her, she is tomtom here on apug and that store will mail order things to you.
    Non Digital Diva

http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?...S&Category=118

Per Ilford USA, only 100 sheet boxes are avaialble in the postcard stock.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hrmm...That is real interesting. Im going to go in and speak with my camera shop now......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    The new stuff is in the identical box as before but has "Made in England by Harman Technology Limited" on the label - only way to tell the difference that I could see.

Cheers, Bob.
    The label on my box just says "Made in England"

Here's some scans of the box
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ilford-box-front.jpg   Ilford-box-back.jpg  
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Georgia]Jim Anderson[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My new box looks like the attachment below. Old package I have says "Made in England by Ilford Imaging UK Limited" in the spot where yours says "Made in England".... Possible they use different packaging for different countries...

Cheers, Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pc1.jpg  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin