Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,158   Online: 1074

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Ilford Postcard paper has arrived in the US.....Kinda...

All,
    My shop called me today and said that the Ilford rep stated that as of today, postcard stock is available for order in the US. HOWEVER - it is only available in 500sht boxes (!!!!!). This makes absolutely NO sense to me from a marketing standpoint...If you have a new product which you wish to sell, I would think that it would be best to offer it in smaller packages, as people would be more likely to try ?
    The list price for a 500sht box is $90ish. I was given a 20% discount if I wish to order a box, so my cost would be somewhere between $70-75. With that in mind - who wants to divide up a box of paper with me ? I see no point in spending $75 to have 425 sheets of paper lie around for a year or more. Im looking for 2-4 other people, as I would want at least 100shts. I am interested in the pearl flavor.
    I can have this paper about a 4 days after it is ordered. My local shop orders Ilford once a week.

edit: If no one is willing, then I think I will be ordering a 100sht from overseas. Mr. Galley - do you have any insight on this ?

Regards,
    Last edited by SteveH; 03-09-2006 at 04:01 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: One more thing

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Think of it as hoarding.... in this day an age, you take what you can get. I suspect that you will see smaller quantity boxes once the supply chain gets flowing properly - you can't do that overnight.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steve, I would be delighted to have a 500 sheet box of postcard paper.

Perhaps you could put me in touch with your local supplier and I'll purchase direct.

That works out to $0.18 per sheet US which is probably about $0.28 AUD.

I do agree though that trying to sell only 500 sheet boxes is from a marketing point of view, an uphill battle. I honestly thought 100 sheet boxes would have been the go, as previously manufactured.

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mick,
    Again, retail is $90. I can get 20% off of that. If you want me to order you a box, I have no problem doing so when I order my box to split up.
    So far, I have one individual whom is willing to divy up a box with me.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    OK, thanks to Mike, Dean, and Peter, I have enough to get my order underway.

Hats off to you Gentlemen !

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Who is selling it? Neither of the local shops in my area plan to stock it so I have to mail order. I'll take the 500 sheet box, no problem. I just need to know where to order.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    anybody still up know the actual size of this paper???

thanks

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just bought a 100 sheet package of Ilford mgiv rc portfolio postcard stock from my local store the other day. Size is 10X15cm (3 7/8 X 5 7/8). It ran me $21 which makes the 500 a bargain if one can use that much.
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Georgia]Jim Anderson[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    500 postcards. That's a lot of postcard exchanges.

D.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Lofgreen
    500 postcards. That's a lot of postcard exchanges.

D.
    ...or a lot of relatives...very patient relatives.
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Georgia]Jim Anderson[/FONT][/COLOR]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin