Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,966   Posts: 1,558,415   Online: 895

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A&O Rodinal in Canada?

So does anybody have any news on the status of Rodinal in Canada? Recent threads were pointing out that A&O were delivering their first shipping in US stores around March 1st, but Canada being colder, time flows more slowly and therefore introduces a lag in response time.

I haven't seen anything yet in my usual Montreal stores (although a good thing was that the new ILFORD/HARMAN print developers are available) and not a lot of people even know about Rodinal, but I'll be willing to mail-order the thing if it becomes available.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Rodinal

I haven't seen it here in the US either. Has anyone seen it on the shelves?
    Just curious too
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a retailer in Canada that I have had very good experience with. Photoco, I believe. They always carried a full line of Agfa products and I think if anyone had the stuff, they would.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up the last 10 bottles at Carson/Mosher in New Brunswick. No news of a new shipment.

jmk

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Freestyle says they'll have it March 27th.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Which firm will be making the new Rodinal?
    -Rob Skeoch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysandstrom
    Freestyle says they'll have it March 27th.
    And in the meantime they have Fomadon R09 to hold you all over. I might just get a bottle of that to try it out.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Skeoch
    Which firm will be making the new Rodinal?
    -Rob Skeoch
    A&O is the company making new Rodinal. However Freestyle seems to list the Agfa bottles. Perhaps this is just a temporary thing or did A&O liscence AgfaPhoto's name?

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Agfa's stock of Rodinal is not depleted yet. It is readily available in stores in Germany. The problem that you guys have is the lack of a sales organization in your country. I will try to find out if there is any news about a sales organization in the U.S.

A&O will produce Rodinal when it's needed. They own Agfa's photochemicals factory.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here on the west coast, we're expecting a large back order of Agfa paper, chem/film to be in within the next week or so. Sadly, due to the bankruptcy, lemming style panic attacks, etc, the local wholesaler has been requiring advance deposits from most potential buyers. That being said there's still Agfa 20x24, 16x20 FB matt, 8x10 RC, and APX 400 35mmm & 120 on the shelves. At the college where I work, we're currently well stocked-up on Rodinal. For the time being,...
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin