Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,703   Posts: 1,482,683   Online: 809

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Ilford Galerie 20 x 24 Grade 2 group buy?

I've been told by Calumet that I can order Galerie 20 x 24 glossy grade 2, but only if I order fifty packs of ten. This is more than I need, or want to spend the money on right now. If I can get a group together I'll place the order and take care of distribution. I will only charge what it costs me plus shipping, and packing, if necessary. I will try to contact Ilford directly to see if I can get a better deal, but I thought I would check here first to see if there was any interest. (Or maybe someone has a source I don't know about. I've checked all the usual suspects.)

Thanks, Stanley Greenberg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    On the Ilford product availability list Galerie in grade 2 gloss 20x24 is listed as a nonstock item. Grade 2 matt is listed as while stock lasts, while grade 3 is a stock item, so I think you might be too late on the G2 gloss. Perhaps Calumet is clearing out their wharehouse and that's all they have left?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    That is interesting. Calumet people called to tell me I could order it, B and H has it on the web site, and Freestyle emailed me that I could order it (all at the same quantity.) I have an email in to Ilford to see what they say. If they're making new Grade 3 now, maybe it's not that big a change to set up for Grade 2, but difficult enough that they want a big order.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I ordered some 11x14 two weeks ago and I was able to order just one box from my local dealer, so I don't see why Calumet is insisting on such a big minimum order. Perhaps try another dealer. B&H could simply have old stock in their warehouse, as I don't imagine that Galerie is a big seller.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I just checked B&H and it's a special order item from them, too. Minimum qty is 50.
    Each 10sh pack is $74.95.

I'd be willing to go in for 3-5 ten sheet packs.

-R

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Forgot to add that with B&H, you have to pay 100% up front and the wait time can be 6-10 weeks. What is Calumet's policy?

-R

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Small update, and thanks to Reggie for your offer. Simon at Ilford thought I should only have to order 50 sheets, so I'll follow up tomorrow with one or all four of the dealers that said I'd need to buy 500. I'll post the results.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin