Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,705   Online: 743

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Fuji Neopan Acros 100 (120 Size)

It seems that B&H, Calumet, and Freestyle seem to be out of stock as of late.

Marco S.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I wonder why these dealers fail to stock up enough to endure a shortage. I don't know about Fuji's policy, but I guess the film has an expiry date at least five years after manufacture? So you don't run a very big risk of ending up with outdated film.

At the next production run, Fuji should think of me, and make a few cartons of roll film 220 also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are these the only dealers who are short or is it more wide spread? What exactly is the problem? Is it a failure to judge the demand in a volatile market or are the film companies trying to do it on the cheap producing just enough to be pulled along in the market demand?

I wonder why Ilford HP5 in 2x3 is $23.99 for [COLOR=DarkRed]25[/COLOR] when Efke in 2x3 is $15.99 for [COLOR=DarkRed]50[/COLOR].

At what point do the film consumers stop feeling grateful and ask for a little consistency?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt

I wonder why Ilford HP5 in 2x3 is $23.99 for [COLOR=DarkRed]25[/COLOR] when Efke in 2x3 is $15.99 for [COLOR=DarkRed]50[/COLOR].

At what point do the film consumers stop feeling grateful and ask for a little consistency?
    Cost of labour, no EU environmental controls, cheaper input costs. Wait until the Croats join the EU; wages won't spike, and I think their raw material costs will go up a bit, but the environmental upgrade - ouch.

I'm calling Svema next week to see if they're still open - they make Efke look high.
    The Kiev 88: Mamiya's key to success in Ukraine.

Photography without film is like Macroeconomics without reading goat entrails, and look at the mess that got us into.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco S.
    It seems that B&H, Calumet, and Freestyle seem to be out of stock as of late.
    The B&H web site lists Acros in 120 rolls as "in stock" today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminKyiv
    (snip)
    I'm calling Svema next week to see if they're still open - they make Efke look high.
    I hear from a friend in Ukraine that Svema is idle pretty much all the time, only doing runs when substantial orders accumulate. Would love to hear what you find out...

Have you ever tried Tasma film stock from Khazakstan?

I have only ever seen it for sale here: http://www.retrophotographic.com/shop/46/index.htm

Tried to contact them directly, but I never got a response.

Frank W.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    The B&H web site lists Acros in 120 rolls as "in stock" today.
    Sure it is. I can't seem to get more than two rolls in my cart.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The same thing happened a month or two ago, just as Fuji announced they were closing they South Carolina Plant. All of a sudden everyone was out of stock.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'm sure that with all the recent rumors(and facts in some cases) of various product discontinuations, Acros being one a few months back, If you are a user, you probably stocked up. I did. So, there was most likely a "run" on Acros which would not have been easily predictable or expected by Fuji or its retailers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stock and hoard, stock and hoard, stock and hoard... buy short sell long...

This photography is a high powered business not for the faint of heart, you have to get in the trenches and dig dig dig for the materials. Don't expect them to fall into your lap. It's your fault if you don't cover all of the bases so get out there and get the scoop on the products and beat the other guys out if at all possible. Remember the only way to get anything off eBay is to snipe it at the last second. Remember one thing; strike while the iron is hot. Buy as much of the stuff as possible and buy a big freezer because the one who dies with the biggest supply of film, paper and chemicals wins.

Wow that was fun, no spelling errors and I felt like a 1930's big city reporter getting the scoop on the poop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin