Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,572   Online: 1071

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

I just flushed my Anti-Depressants !

All,
    Today there was a rather large box at my door (14"x14"x14"). I opened it - lo and behold the shining radiance of NEW Agfa 'Photo' Rodinal . The box looks basically the same as before, wtih the addition of 'Photo' after 'Agfa', and no more red diamond . Beyond that, the instructions are pretty standard, and the developer has the same color, viscosity, smell, etc. Im not sure about the same taste though; any volunteers ?
    Freestyle sure does know how to package something. This package could have fallen out of the sky (as FedEx items have a habit of doing around here in the last couple of days...), and the contents would have been fine.

Cheers !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Luckily, you weren't one of the suckers buying a 500ml bottle on ebay for $50.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    All,
    ...The box looks basically the same as before, wtih the addition of 'Photo' after 'Agfa', and no more red diamond ...

Cheers !
    Hi Steve,

I'm not sure this is a post Agfa collapse product - although I know you are not actually saying that. I bought some in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in January in the new style package (incidentally for $14.87 CDN for 500ml) which the store had received some time before. The product shipped by JandC from their special order last November/December which shipped to me February 15th (slightly more expensive) had some of each style box. I'm not sure if any A&O produced product is in the stream yet, or if this is still old (though not that old) Agfa stock.

Probably of only academic interest.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I don't know...I am not sure that Agfa would produce chemicals until the very last day of operation. In other words, Im sure that they stopped mixing way before the 'end', and what they had in storage went out with the last of their bottles/boxes, etc. Then again, who knows ?

-Steve

Quote Originally Posted by CRhymer
    Hi Steve,

I'm not sure this is a post Agfa collapse product - although I know you are not actually saying that. I bought some in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada in January in the new style package (incidentally for $14.87 CDN for 500ml) which the store had received some time before. The product shipped by JandC from their special order last November/December which shipped to me February 15th (slightly more expensive) had some of each style box. I'm not sure if any A&O produced product is in the stream yet, or if this is still old (though not that old) Agfa stock.

Probably of only academic interest.

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought a case from Freestyle just before all of the "it's all gone, I'll just kill myself" days. If the new stuff tastes like chicken then it's the same as the old. It goes with a nice white wine by the way. When it came it was like a present from the Gods.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Rodinal Lovers,

As far as I know, A&O are continuing to manufacture the mono chemicals from the AGFA Photo range, so it looks like your beloved Rodinal is safe.

Regards

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just flushed my antidepressants...

Same here, now listed at Silverprint. I'll be making an order tomorrow!

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin