Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,867   Online: 948

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

ENLARGER LIST(new, old, continued, discontinued, all brands, all models))

Hi, all. Japan's Ministry of Energy, Technology, and Industry has virtually requested the public that it seeks information on photographic equipment in the following categories:

Enlargers

Print Developers

Slide Projectors

This is due to Japanese government's agenda to limit and ban the sales and resales of old electronics by enforcing a new product-safety law, which I lately had run a thread about.

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...ighlight=japan

But they still consider "vintage" equipment to be excluded from the list, even though I've found out they did not consulted with any experts and professionals to select the items for the list.

Their making a vintage equipment list sounds stupid, but more importantly the fact that they have neglected the job again makes me really angry and worried at the same time. My concern is, as I have already expressed, having a fear of Japan's traditional photographic community and market starting to slim rapidly.

So, giving the government officials a good list of the items suggested by photographers from all around the world is ideal, and what they want choose not choose is up to them. Anything that's rare to find, hard to fix, and/or considered valuable is what they are asking in the first place, but new items can be included also according to their own definition of the word "vintage."

Since last night I've been doing online research of the enlargers first that have been made and used world-wide. But I have not been able find one good site with all enlargers from all brands listed in a chronological order.

That's partly because the sellers have a list of the items currently available, but not the ones discontinued. Repair shops have certain older models but not all of the ones once available in the market. So, it's hard to organize them all by myself, and this is going to be a big list.

So, I''d like to ask each one of you a big favor. Will you post the names of enlargers with details on this thread? Write brand names, the names/model#s of the enlargers, and the years they are made.

Please post the links for the resources if available. If you have and/or know the books that I can refer to, please write them down, too. That will be helpful.

Here's so far I've got:

Agfa

Varioscope

Beseler

cadgetII
    Printmaker35
    23C, 23CIII, 23CIIIXL, 23CIIIXLI
    45MXII, 45MXT, 45MXX, 45VXL
    67XLC,67XLD, 67XLVC

http://www.beselerphoto.com/enlargers.php

Durst

A300, CLS30 Dichrotic color head, Modular70 pro, M370, M601, M605, M805, L1200

http://www.tetenal.co.uk/acatalog/Durst.html
    http://www.glennview.com/leitz.htm

Leitz/Leica

Valoy, Valoy II
    Focomat Ia, Ib, Ic, IIa, IIc, II (modified for American military), V35

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leica#L...eitz_enlargers

Omega
    A2, A3, A6
    B3, B4, B5, B6, B7, B8, B9, B10, B22, B66, B600, B635
    CII, C67, C700, C760, ChromegaE, ChromegaF, ConceptSix
    DII, D2, D2V, D3, D4,, D5XL Universal Condenser, D5XL Super Chromega Dichroic, D5-XL Super Chromega Dichroic Enlarger with Chromegatrol, D6, D5500
    E3, E4, E5, E6
    F
    ProLabII
    SuperB, SuperC

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/
    http://www.omegasatter.com/v2/produc...y.cfm?CatID=47

It's still skimpy as you can laugh.

So, please add more information, make correction and suggestions, etc. Anything you could contribute to this thread would be so helpful.

Thank you very much in advance.

firecracker

Shooter
    Large Format
    I know a chap who does excellent portraits. The chap is a camera.
    (Tristan Tzara, 1922)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    No laughter, just a quick note that Omega enlargers (I think!) are also badged as LPL in some countries.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No LPLs are now being sold by Omega-Satter in the USA.

Beseler CB-7

Durst 1000,138

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Elwood 5x7 and 8x10 models (don't know any model name designations, but they're definitely historic/antique)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    might want to include the Beseler 23CII, 23CXL (there are a LOT of these around)

Also, wasn't there B2?

And at least here in the states, there are the Saunders LPL 4500(XL), 670(XL),etc.

Oh Yeah, would not want to forget the DeVere
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    DeJur-Amsco Versatile Professional enlarger from the 1940s to maybe 1950s, in 4x5 and 2x3 sizes. The electrical wiring on my 4x5 seems to be original, and is still working fine after 50 years. That might not be good enough for Japanese bureaucrats, though.

Images
    Kodak made some. I have a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 here somewhere. Ektar lens.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Solar Enlargers

Burke and James made enlargers under the Solar brand name. I have a 5x7 with a glass carrier that is wonderful.I had a Zone VI cold light head adapted to it. Aristo still lists cold lights for these models. Check their website for more enlarger models ...
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Philips made the PCS1000, PCS130 (which takes the optional PCS150 color controller), and PCS2000. The PCS130/150 and PCS2000 were also sold under the Paterson name (the PCS130 was sold as the Paterson PCS2500; the PCS2000 name was used under both brand names). There's a Yahoo group devoted to these units: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tri-one/. The PCS1000 was a B&W model with a fluorescent light source. The PCS130 was a condenser model and the PCS150 added an additive (red/green/blue) light source to make it a color model. The PCS2000 was a diffusion model with an additive light source similar to the one provided by the PCS150. These were made in the 1980s, but I don't know exact manufacture dates. I'm not sure about the PCS1000, but the PCS130 can handle up to 6x7 format (given appropriate condensers), while the PCS2000 can handle up to 6x6 (given the right mixing box).

A Durst I don't see mentioned is the C35, which is a low-end diffusion model with built-in yellow and magenta filters. It's usually equipped only for 35mm negatives, but a kit to enable medium format (6x6, I believe) support was available, but is hard to find today. This was another 1980s model, but I don't know the exact manufacture dates.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin