Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,401   Online: 908

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Bulk chemicals soon to be available in DFW area! (maybe)

Just a quick note to North Texas photographers:

I just bought some film at the Film Depot in Denton, and the gentleman that runs the store told me he might start carrying bulk chemicals from Photo Formulary soon. He already carries Formulary "Kits," by the way. The topic came up when I told him that I use 510-Pyro, and he immediately asked "where do you get your Pyro"...

According to what he told me, he is willing to put a pretty sizeable investment in bulk chemicals if enough area photographers show interest. So, if having bulk chemicals available in the area is something that interests you, you might want to stop at the Denton Film Depot and make yourself known... The important thing is to go to the Denton store, as I got the feeling that the 3 stores (Dallas, Plano, Denton) are independently run. Although the gentleman mentioned something about Plano.

So, fellow NT APUGERs, it's up to you. I'm leaving town tomorrow morning, so excuse me if I don't respond to this thread anytime soon.

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While I would like to have the access locally, I'm pretty sure Jerry's mark-up just wouldn't make it worthwhile. Right now I can buy chems from artcraft cheaper than PF so buying from Jerry who buys them from PF wouldn't be any cheaper. I do go in to chat with him and that's usually where I buy my photo paper and fixer.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin