Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,960   Posts: 1,523,062   Online: 1104

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy
    Just for clarification, are they discontinuing all their chemistry, or just the color chemistry?
    I just called the US office and they confirmed; b&w and color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OMG, what a nightmare....
    What am I going to do without FX-39????

Jin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Someone said before that FX developers are "ordinary" developers, and theire formulae are public avaliable, so you can make your own FX39, that is to give recepture to some chemist (pharmacy store) to mix FX39 for you... I don't know if this is true, but if it is, Jin, then...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not all of the FX series formulas were published. The one for FX-39 was not. However when Paterson discontinued FX-15 (Acutol-S) Crawley disclosed the formula. Maybe they will do that now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The numbers are IIRC:
    FX14=ACUTOL
    FX26=UNIVERSAL
    FX39=FX39
    FX44=ACULUX 2
    FX50=FX50

Hope this helps,

Lachlan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

ACUTOL

Quote Originally Posted by haris
    Hi,

...Paterson chemistry is discontinued. ...
    I just switched to Patterson’s high definition non-solvent developer ACUTOL that satisfied my need for high acutance and pictorial gradation … so, now I’m looking for the same chemistry. Or, a developer that will bring me the same great results I’ve been obtaining.

Recommendations, ideas, or solutions would be appreciated
    [FONT=Times New Roman]MAC[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hortense
    I just switched to Patterson’s high definition non-solvent developer ACUTOL that satisfied my need for high acutance and pictorial gradation … so, now I’m looking for the same chemistry. Or, a developer that will bring me the same great results I’ve been obtaining.

Recommendations, ideas, or solutions would be appreciated
    I recommend trying Pyrocat P and Pyrocat M. In my experience both of these modified Pyrocat-HD developers deliver high acutance and excellent microcontrast. They are very well suited for Stand and Semi-Stand agitation and also give excellent results with rotational agitation. The formulas for these two developers are posted in APUG and are also available as premixes from several sources.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree--it would be very sporting of Paterson to reveal the formula, if there is no possibility of their making it anymore. They would have nothing to lose and would gain good will.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree--it would be very sporting of Paterson to reveal the formula, if there is no possibility of their making it anymore. They would have nothing to lose and would gain good will.
    Let's hope...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I doubt if Paterson will ever reveal their B&W film developer formulae for the public domain.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin