Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,095   Online: 1052

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the advice everyone.
    My brother-in-law does have a UK postal address that he can collect from, so I have made an enquiry with Nova as their name came up first.
    If that doesn't work out I will contact some of the other firms suggested.

Shooter
    35mm
    I was at Nova Darkroom for its weekend sale on 22/23 April and met the owner. I said that I didn't understand why moving manufacture to Spain should be a major problem. Transport costs should only add a little to the price. His view was that the real problem is that the new chemical manufacturer in Spain was demanding that Paterson place minimum order quantites which Paterson fears it cannot sell before they reach their sell-by date.

So the real question is to whom, distributor-wise, will this new chemical manufacturer sell in the UK which believes it can sell in the quantities required to make the import worthwhile. If there is no-one, then the manufacturer loses what I would have thought was a major slice of the B&W and colour market. So will the manufacturer be persuaded to lower its minimum order quantities to get a sale?

In theory there is still hope that "something will turn up"

pentaxuser

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Who will they sell to? APUGGERS of course!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Goldie, there is another walk-in shop that your BIL could try - that is Calumet Photographic on Wardour St, in Soho. It's been a while since I was there, but the last time I visited, they had quite a good array of chemicals available. Not sure about Aculux though, but it's worth a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    He did say that he had walked around Soho with no luck, not sure if he tried that store.
    Thanks for the tip on Nova, I've ordered from them & the dev is now delivered to a UK address & waiting for the brother-in-law to collect next week.
    Shame it has to be this difficult, just the way things are these days i suppose.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F.
    Mailorder, if he is here for a week or more, he could try Nova (http://www.novadarkroom.com).

Good luck, Bob.
    Thanks for the tip, Bob.
    I ordered from Nova & my brother in law collected the bottles from the UK, now in my hands in Sydney. Looking forward to trying Neopan 400 in this dev.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by goldie
    Thanks for the tip, Bob.
    I ordered from Nova & my brother in law collected the bottles from the UK, now in my hands in Sydney. Looking forward to trying Neopan 400 in this dev.
    Now that's what I call a convoluted way of getting your hands on a small bottle of liquid! Pity it has to be that complicated.... Good luck with it.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got an email from the Paterson US distributor this last week indicating all of the B&W chemistry is being discontinued. Bummer about that because FX-39 was one my go-to developers for small format film. Anybody know the formula?
    I just want to feel nostalgic like I used to.

http://www.clayharmon.net - turnip extraordinaire

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clay
    FX-39 was one my go-to developers for small format film. Anybody know the formula?
    The FX-37 is in the recipes section here: http://www.apug.org/forums/article.php?a=222

The article states that this is the closest published formula to FX-39.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin