Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,463   Online: 1038

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I guess it's Wephota time for me - no 24x30cm or 30x40cm Ilford FP4+
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Yeah why don't you give these people some business?

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson
    You might try to talk Fotoimpex in Berlin into stocking some ULF film. I believe they are the distributers of the US J&C Classic film?
    I think it is the other way round in this case. In the case of the Kodak ULF film, Fotoimpex have offered it to their customers (not through the catalogue though), so I assume they would be able and willing to supply the Ilford ULF films also.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Barry,

Its not a fob off, European distributors have been made aware of ULF being made, but they would have to buy for stock, and its not exactly a fast runner, so in all honesty, whilst I would really like them to take it, I do not blame them, and I cannot make them take it, I am fully aware of the value to ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology of our UK and European businesses, every single customer is important to me...always has been, always will be. Without wishing to sound grumpy it has taken quite a lot of my time, and ILFORD team members time to 'make this happen' and it has been done to satisfy a requirement for what I consider one of our key user groups ( and it will be done again, when required ) ...if it had just been about margin..or profit...I can assure you it would never have been made.

Quite an interesting fact is that ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited Export 87.00% of all we make and manufacture in the UK.

Kind Regards

Simon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It’s nice to see confirmation that you recognise the importance of minority users Simon. I must say I was surprised when you announced this particular manufacturing run, being perplexed by the economics of the venture, your explanation clarifies matters; and bodes well for the future of your business.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear Barry,

Its not a fob off, European distributors have been made aware of ULF being made, but they would have to buy for stock, and its not exactly a fast runner, so in all honesty, whilst I would really like them to take it, I do not blame them, and I cannot make them take it, I am fully aware of the value to ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology of our UK and European businesses, every single customer is important to me...always has been, always will be. Without wishing to sound grumpy it has taken quite a lot of my time, and ILFORD team members time to 'make this happen' and it has been done to satisfy a requirement for what I consider one of our key user groups ( and it will be done again, when required ) ...if it had just been about margin..or profit...I can assure you it would never have been made.

Quite an interesting fact is that ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited Export 87.00% of all we make and manufacture in the UK.

Kind Regards

Simon.
    Simon,

I am also sorry to sound grumpy. However, apuggers and Ilford Forum users were used to 'sound out' the market for these products and we responded with help and enthusiam. Sorry but to simply reply 'try Silverprint' to the whole of Europe was in my opinion a bad marketing statement.

Barry (not a member of one of your key groups)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Barry,

I get your point, yes we did 'sound out' apuggers, and yes they were Worldwide I guess, and yes they did respond with help and enthusiasm....the 'contact Silverprint' is the only way I can help Europeans at this time unless they buy from the USA so I was trying to help...honest. I will make further efforts in the future to supply ULF in Europe.

I bet you a member of one of my key groups...'enjoys photography, buys photo products and is alive' is really quite broad...

Kind Regards

Simon.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Well I was the 3rd person to order 7x11. if it is in the catalog again, I can assure you that I will be ordering more then one pack (I was depleting my existing stock). I hope the 3 of us can place larger orders next time so that we cna make the cut this time :-)

Simon

Thanks for pulling this together. It is actions like creating new developers, and supporting markets such as ULF that create goodwill. Thanks!

One other request would be for 4x10 film to be added to the catalog in the future. I wanted to place an order but since there was no catalog # I couldn't.

Cheers!
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear Barry,

I get your point, yes we did 'sound out' apuggers, and yes they were Worldwide I guess, and yes they did respond with help and enthusiasm....the 'contact Silverprint' is the only way I can help Europeans at this time unless they buy from the USA so I was trying to help...honest. I will make further efforts in the future to supply ULF in Europe.

I bet you a member of one of my key groups...'enjoys photography, buys photo products and is alive' is really quite broad...

Kind Regards

Simon.
    Thanks for understanding my frustration in this matter, I hope you can help us Europeans (ducks!) in future.

enjoys photography Yes
    buys photo products Lots
    Alive Maybe

Barry

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sorry Ole,

I would especially liked to have made some ULF film for you.... or a tripod....every time I look at your picture I think your arms must be really hurting holding that big old camera...

Kind Regards

Simon.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin