Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,530   Posts: 1,572,460   Online: 1039

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    On top of that, Fotoimpex does not even stock any T-Max in 8x10", so why would anyone expect ULF film from Fotoimpex?
    The reason being that virtually nobody buys it over there. Hence the point of my first post. You really can't expect the guy to stock something that is going to sit on the shelf for 2 years before someone shows up to buy it.

The ULF market in Europe is magnitudes smaller than in the US. We sell much more ULF to the far east, Australia and New Zealand than to Europe.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I missed it too, and I read that forum occasionaly. All right - rarely.

I think everyone on the German language LF forum (www.grossformatfotografie.de) missed it too - at least I can't remember seeing any reference to it.

Wasn't aware of that forum, thanks. We'll be sure to post there next time.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

T-Max 8x10"

Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    The reason being that virtually nobody buys it over there. Hence the point of my first post. You really can't expect the guy to stock something that is going to sit on the shelf for 2 years before someone shows up to buy it.

The ULF market in Europe is magnitudes smaller than in the US. We sell much more ULF to the far east, Australia and New Zealand than to Europe.
    You know I don't blame Fotoimpex for that, I have been told that Kodak has pretty large minimum order requirements. I have a different source in Germany for the film so no problem for me.

I thought that 8x10" was a format that is still used by some commercial photographers, and there are many cameras for it, so I wonder how you could expect to cater to an even smaller market of ULF users when you can't even attract enough business from LF users.

On the other hand, there are obviously some ULF customers in Europe, so there ought to be at least one outlet in the EU.

In addition, they contacted some other European dealers to see if they wanted to buy in and none of them had any interest either.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    In addition, they contacted some other European dealers to see if they wanted to buy in and none of them had any interest either.
    My camera dealer knew about it. He never sold a sheet of film though as far as I know. It was a good idea talking to him though, because he is pretty much the only person I know in the EU that you could go to if you wanted a ULF camera.

Sounds to me that John could be a light in the harbor for you guys abroad particularly since John has expanded his portfolio of sheet film availability. Reach for your wallet and get some orders going to assess the infrastructure with stock items. When I was told of the price for T Max 400 in 8x10 when I considered taking my Canham to Europe last summer I about fell over when they told me the price with a big IF they could get it.

The best way to get ready for the spring and summer shooting season is to get familiar with setting up some infrastructure that you can rely upon.

All thinks considered [I][B]I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Cheers!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I too missed the message about Photoimpex and TMY. It would have been much much cheaper from Germany to France.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great thread! My hat's off to Ilford for making ULF film in ANY size!

I'm just happy that I can get 5x7 HP5 anytime I need it.

My passion is 70mm B&W and things are very bleak in the 70mm world compared to ULF. I can live with TXP 220 but would much rather have HP5 220. Ditto for Maco/Efke 127 ISO 100 film. HP5 127 would be a lot better but I can slit 120 HP5 and reload my 127 paper backing & spools.

I do slit 35mm HP5 to 16mm and load my own Minolta 16 carts. And I won't be asking Ilford for any Minolta 16. I'd rather have 70mm!!!!!!!!!

So, thanks Ilford for listening to your customers!
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a side note, we offered the T-Max 400 to Europe through our Fotoimpex affiliate. In this way the film would ship from Europe to the customer to save postage and import duties. We had zero orders.
    John,

I looked carefully through the (English) Fotoimpex Forum and only found this...

I would like to draw our customers attention to a project initiated by our partner in the US JandC.

Kodak will cut a whole masterroll of Sheetfilm TMAX 400 for us to sizes desired by our customers.

E.g. 2 1/4 x 3 1/4, 8x20, 12x20, 11x14 etc.

If you are interested please read below.

You can post questions directly to JandC (sales@jandcphoto.com) or contact FOTOIMPEX.

Regards,

Mirko

There was no indication that the film would be shipped via Berlin for dispatch.

If it was intended to ship it to Germany, perhaps it should have been made clearer? I would have placed an order. However, Mirko had said in the past that he would not ship to the UK.

Barry

EDIT: I did place a order direct with J&C (but small due to UK import duties).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin