Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,564   Posts: 1,573,445   Online: 831

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Confirmation of ULF Film Shipped From ILFORD Photo / HARMAN tech

Dear All,

I am pleased to confirm the following ULF film has now been manufactured and will be shipping by sea to the USA in the next week or so:

5 x 12 : 6.5 x 8.5 : 7 x 17 : 8 x 20 : 10 x 12 : 11 x 14 : 12 x 20 : 14 x 17 : 16 x 20 : 20 x 24 :

These have all been made in FP4+ and HP5+

The only size requested that we did not make is 7 x 11 where we received only 2 orders for FP4+ and one order for HP5+ obviously not viable to make.

We will repeat this special make when the current stock has sold out and our ULF resellers request a further make.

I hope it gives you large formatters some creative moments and some special images, I look forward to seeing some of them.

Thank you for your orders :

Kind Regards

Simon : ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow,
    While it is a bummer that I won't get my film, I suppose I can take some solace in the exclusivity that comes with knowing that I constitute half that worldwide demand for 7x11 fp4+ film.
    Celac.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Well, I guess I was the entire global demand for 7x11 HP5 Plus this time. I'm hoping they'll retain the catalog numbers; if they do I'll place a larger order next time and see what happens.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad
    Well, I guess I was the entire global demand for 7x11 HP5 Plus this time. I'm hoping they'll retain the catalog numbers; if they do I'll place a larger order next time and see what happens.
    Couldn't you just cut 11x14 in half?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon,

are there any plans to distibute ULF films on the European market?
    I guess this question has been asked before but I overlooked an answer.

Greetings,
    Geert

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by argus
    Simon,

are there any plans to distibute ULF films on the European market?
    I guess this question has been asked before but I overlooked an answer.
    He said somewhere else that you can get it from Silverprint in the UK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    He said somewhere else that you can get it from Silverprint in the UK.
    IMO Simon's posting saying 'Silverprint bought some' is a fob off. Especially as he promised to look into a European supplier. See...

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...726#post238726

I am aware of another UK supplier that bought some LF/ULF stock, but as there is no guarantee that Ilford will supply them again. IMO this is a very unsatisfactory situation.

I also have an outstanding order for Ilford film from the US but it will cost nearly twice the UK price by the time I receive it here. I won't be doing this again.

The EU LF/ULF market may be small but Ilford should remember that this market also buys lot's of paper and chemicals.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't want to push mamutphoto, but it proves that there is quite some interest in ULF in Europe.

I am planning to build a 7x17" this summer and woul become another ULF customer for Ilford. I'm already hooked to their smaller format FP4 and HP5 films.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by argus
    I don't want to push mamutphoto, but it proves that there is quite some interest in ULF in Europe.

I am planning to build a 7x17" this summer and woul become another ULF customer for Ilford. I'm already hooked to their smaller format FP4 and HP5 films.

G
    Hello Argus,

You are right of course, the EU LF/ULF market is not so small. Good to hear you are going to build a 7x17, a great format.

You might try to talk Fotoimpex in Berlin into stocking some ULF film. I believe they are the distributers of the US J&C Classic film? You should be UK, but Fotoimpex will not supply the UK direct, suggesting I use the UK Retrophotgrahic outlet. However, Retro do not seem very willing to supply 'off catalogue'. Maybe that's just my experience?

Good luck with the camera build.

Barry
    UK

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    Couldn't you just cut 11x14 in half?
    Yes, I've done that before, and if I have to I probably will again. But it's a nuisance - takes time away from other things I'd rather be doing, and greatly increases the odds of ending up with dust on the negative. I'm willing to pay a premium to get properly-cut film straight from the factory.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin