Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,766   Posts: 1,516,419   Online: 974

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sure, can you go to the Efke fctory and ask them to get that done?
    LOL
    Mama took my APX away.....

fwp

Shooter
    Large Format
    I want to thank those in Europe that offered to buy Efke25 there and ship it to me. Fortunatly I'm not in an immediate rush to get the film and while waiting I picked up more tmx-100 then I'll use in 6 months. Also if things get rushed I've got family living in Germany and can have them send me a few rolls. Thanks again.

Shooter
    35mm
    glad u solved it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Given that Croatia is not a large country, my response to Vedran's offer would be different. Vedran, if you ever have contact with anyone from Efke, please let them know about APUG. Point out Simon Galley's successful engagement with our community.

fwp

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by VedranRapo
    glad u solved it
    It's unfortunatly going to take a lot of effort to get the film. I would much rather get the stuff locally.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have well communicated this topic in our own forum (german) so it is no secret and I will quickly sum it up here too.

The reason why JandC has no ADOX CHS rollfilms is because we have no CHS rollfilms in our european warehouse and that is because fotokemika could not coat any rollfilms since October because after the Agfa disaster their (Agfas) film base producing plant was shut down and within months all remaining film base on the market was sold out.
    When we tried to repurchase base with our western european suppliers to get it coated by fotokemika in late summer 2005 they told us they were totally out of stock for the next months.
    We asked them to make some as fast as possible but because the computer industry is giving them more lucrative jobs (you need a film base like product - unfortunately of a kind not suitable for photographic coating - to make LCD panels) they said they would only do it if we buy 1000 rolls (1000sqm each). That by far exceeds the demand for any b/w rollfilm in the world.
    So we had to wait until other film companies also ordered and until the production had excess capacity. They are scheduled to deliver the filmbase now for early May.
    We experimented with alternative bases yet we could not guarantee quality with this.

We are very sorry this happened but the whole situation shows to some degree how difficult it has become to organize a medium to small scale photographic production. We constantly face similar problems and constantly alter our processes, workflow and stock situation.

A film base problem like this has never occurred before, so we were struck by this out of the blue. Sofar any order had been shipped within 5-8 weeks and thus we kept just in time planing, like everyone else would have done to minimize production costs.

We have now ensured to stock at least a 3 years supply of rollfilm base in order to avoid these complications in the future.

All of the above refers only to CHS rollfilms. We can supply all KB films, sheetfilms in standard sizes, and the CHM and CMS series films.

Only some "strange size" sheetfilms are still waiting for their annual production run. We can only produce these odd sizes once a year because certain minimum production quantities are required to calculate a cutting scheme in order to avoid excess cutoff on the edges of a master roll.

Rollfilms we expect to have back in stock by June/July.
    As soon a we have stock again all our partners will be supplied immediately.
    Until then everyone has zero stock.

Regards from Berlin, Germany,

Mirko
    ADOX FOTOIMPEX

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Hey, Mirko, thanks for the update!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fwp
    It's unfortunatly going to take a lot of effort to get the film. I would much rather get the stuff locally.

i can pack a few rolls and sent it for u if u want?

@tim - fotokemika (efke) - wouldnt say that they are interested in online forums... sad but true...

fwp

Shooter
    Large Format
    I know that the Efke brand is being rename as Adox. Is the Efke R25 the same as the Adox CHS? Although 95+% of the film I use is sheet film I do like to shot 120 from time to time. Until I can get efk2 r25 in roll film I'll just keep using tmx-100.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin