Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,673   Online: 1166

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fwp

Shooter
    Large Format

Efke-25 in 120 rolls

I'm asking this here rather then via email because I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. I was wondering if there's any ETA for when Efke-25 will be available in 120 rolls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Efke-25 has always been available in 120, from when Efke took the Dupont plant to Croatia. It was originally sold as Adox 15 (Din - later 25ASA)

However distribution has been taken over by Fotoimpex, Berlin, and J&C in the US, and the films are again being sold as Adox.

See: http://www.fotoimpex.de/Home/films/films.html

Ian

fwp

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    Efke-25 has always been available in 120, from when Efke took the Dupont plant to Croatia. It was originally sold as Adox 15 (Din - later 25ASA)

However distribution has been taken over by Fotoimpex, Berlin, and J&C in the US, and the films are again being sold as Adox.

See: http://www.fotoimpex.de/Home/films/films.html

Ian
    Let me clarify my question a bit. I know that Efke-25 is still being made in 120 rolls and that they've started using the name Adox. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any available here in the US. I've found sites in Europe but they won't ship to the US and J&C the US distributor is out of stock and has been for ~5 months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Freestyle has it in their new catalog but not on their website. They usually don't advertise something unless they have it soon. Jandc said they'd have it soon as well. I tried to preorder some.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fwp
    I've found sites in Europe but they won't ship to the US and J&C the US distributor is out of stock and has been for ~5 months.
    Fair point, Fotoimpex won't ship to the States as J&C are tied up with them, however they ship to the UK despite Retro Photographic being linked with them in the UK, EU law allows and in fact decrees free trade accross our EU borders.

Our large but awful photo chain here inthe UK was selling Efke 35mm & 120 film under their own brand name, the give away on the boxes is the made in Croatia.

There's nothing to stop someone from Europe buying the film for you and posting it to the US.

PM sent .

Ian

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant
    Fair point, Fotoimpex won't ship to the States as J&C are tied up with them, however they ship to the UK despite Retro Photographic being linked with them in the UK, EU law allows and in fact decrees free trade accross our EU borders.
    I read that Fotoimpex do not ship to customers in the UK any longer, they say they have lost too many parcels with the Royal Mail. But they said that they are willing to throw any seldom requested items into the next shipment to Retro Photographic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No EU company can refuse to post to a EU citizen based in another EU country.

Fotoimpex postage to the UK has not involved the Royal Mail, at least while I've been buying from them. I should also add that I've had very mixed experiences with private shippers like UPS and DHL.

DHL which Fotoimpex used to use were extremely fast reliable and seemed to be secure.

UPS which I think is a Kazekstan based company will leave your parcel with the nearest living thing they see near your house if your out. Having said that the goods have always arrived.

Truth in a PM

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    I read that Fotoimpex do not ship to customers in the UK any longer, they say they have lost too many parcels with the Royal Mail. But they said that they are willing to throw any seldom requested items into the next shipment to Retro Photographic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Soon, soon... I was told the 2x3 Adox 25 was to be in this week... None yet. I am seeking other sources. I feel for the person who is depending on these suppliers for a living.

One person told me that it was my fault for not stocking up and running out. Soon, someday, sometime, just don't cut it. Can you spell screw? I think the lower level films are not worth the effort and the money is in the Kodak and Ilford BIG ULF FILMs.

small film, small profit

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I asked JandC a week ago and got this reply.

"Not yet, the factory has not yet produced it and the timeline has slipped to late April at best.

Sorry."

Cheers,

Russ Pinchbeck
    Kiev Survival Site

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fwp
    I'm asking this here rather then via email because I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. I was wondering if there's any ETA for when Efke-25 will be available in 120 rolls.

i am fom Croatia, can i help somehow?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin