Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,533   Posts: 1,598,735   Online: 1027

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Already Posted a few days ago.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edz
    Even among the "film application" its a growing market--- the demand for motion picture postive stocks is strong and rising.

What films are shot on positve stock?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    None that I know of, but statistically, less than a half of a percent of motion picture houses in the World have digital projection, and your typical feature is 12 to 14 reels (reel unit= thousand feet), so the real cash cow in motion pictures is NOT camera original, but the release print stock.

Frank W.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Probably old news, but I saw an article posted on that sight that Pentax is giving up medium format cameras, 645 and 67II. That is too bad.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

I agree with Earl on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Dunbar
    I suggest everyone wait and see, and not jump to either positive or negative conclusions. Like other forums, APUG operates on internet time, business change has another timebase.
    lets wait and see how this shakes out, I love both APX 100 and 400 and if they live on under a new name, no big deal as long its available in North America and we know what it is. Lets see how this shakes out.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    The actual coating machine in Leuverkusen has not been sold as far as I am aware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    It is unfortunate that there is not going to be any color film and paper production in Europe in the future. There is some choice for b/w materials, which is great, but with Fuji closing down production of photographic materials in Tilburg, it appears there is nothing left in Europe,

An opportunity for a return of Ilfochrome..?

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Only one production machine afaik.

Yes it is a great pity, for colour I think you are now correct apart from Ferrania in Italy of course and KODAK at Harrow in the UK.

Kind Regards

Simon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino
    None that I know of, but statistically, less than a half of a percent of motion picture houses in the World have digital projection, and your typical feature is 12 to 14 reels (reel unit= thousand feet), so the real cash cow in motion pictures is NOT camera original, but the release print stock.

Frank W.

Oh that sort of Positive stock, 12-14 rolls!! Wow, didn't realise it was that many.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Yes it is a great pity, for colour I think you are now correct apart from Ferrania in Italy of course and KODAK at Harrow in the UK.
    Ferrania have been selling other manufacturer's film for the last couple years.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    An opportunity for a return of Ilfochrome..?
    Ilfochrome is available. I don't print from transparencies though. I need paper to print colour negatives. (So does pretty much everyone who operates a digital lab.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin