Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,684   Online: 918

Shooter
    Medium Format

10x15 good for 4x5?

Hi,
    I was looking thru JandC and found 10x15 (cm?) b&w cheap. Can it be cut down and used in 4x5 folders?

The link to product

http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?...PROD&ProdID=69

I really don't need any more film right now (yeah, right!) but I do have some room in my freezer.

Comments?

Dan

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    10x15cm is the old German "Postcard Size" (or "Postkartenformat", to be precise).

Since 4 inches is 10.16cm, 4x5" can be expected to be about 1.6mm wider. It should be within the tolerance of the film holders if the holders are on the narrow side and the film is on the wide side. Slightly better chance of success than with 5x7" film in 13x18cm holders, but I wouldn't recommend it.

It's much more fun to use a 10x15cm camera, or even a 13x18cm one with 10x15 inserts. I've got a strange old contraption which after much pondering turned out to be a 10x15 plate holder adapter for "regular" 13x18cm / 5x7" cameras. Rummaging around in the heap of boxed with "potentially useless stuff" I also found two 10x15cm plate holders with film inserts. So now all I need is the film...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Dan,

J and C shows it not in stock.?

Shooter
    Medium Format

How about that

Hmmm...I last checked availability when I wrote the original post by putting 5 packs in my cart. I looked in my cart and it showed quanity 5 all price to ship but I held off buying until I could get an opinion.

Now it is indeed out of stock. Either there was a glitch on the site or someone bought an awfull lot of film...., Ole?

Thanks Dave and Ole for your time and info.

Take care,
    Dan

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    yep

I was going to try some at the price

I recently acquired a 10x15 camera and bought a couple of boxes. Perhaps I should have bought some more. I suspect it was a poor seller and wonder if they will purchase more
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin