Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,511   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    also J&C a sponsor of apug carries the postcard paper. They ship world wide.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggie
    also J&C a sponsor of apug carries the postcard paper. They ship world wide.
    Yep , I`ll buy from JandC, shops around here still thinks Ilford is dead
    Amund

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Amund
    Yep , I`ll buy from JandC, shops around here still thinks Ilford is dead
    This might be a bit off topic. But regarding purchasing Ilford paper, I'm a bit worried about getting the shipment of brandnew (un-exposed) photographic paper from another country. I live in Japan, and my choice seems to be the shops from the U.S.

For the light-sensitive materials, is it always safe if I choose the suppliers like B&H or JandC that famously do international shipping? Do I have to know which carrier I need to choose just in case? So in that sense, is FedeEx always the best choice because they do a hand search of your package?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will agree the rules on entries etc when I publish after meeting Sean at the APUG conference.

Kind Regards

Simon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Firecracker,

Whilst CHUGAI may not take postcard paper, Yodabashi have lots and lots of ILFORD Photo prooducts on the shelves.

Regards

Simon.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear Firecracker,

Whilst CHUGAI may not take postcard paper, Yodabashi have lots and lots of ILFORD Photo prooducts on the shelves.

Regards

Simon.
    Thanks for the reply. I'll check with Yodobashi Camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    This might be a bit off topic. But regarding purchasing Ilford paper, I'm a bit worried about getting the shipment of brandnew (un-exposed) photographic paper from another country. I live in Japan, and my choice seems to be the shops from the U.S.

For the light-sensitive materials, is it always safe if I choose the suppliers like B&H or JandC that famously do international shipping? Do I have to know which carrier I need to choose just in case? So in that sense, is FedeEx always the best choice because they do a hand search of your package?

I`ve never had any problems with film or paper sent from Usa or Asia, I`ve had stuff sent with USPS Airmail, UPS or FedEx, no problems.
    But I usually don`t use FedEx as they are way too expensive compared to the others..
    Amund

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Firecracker, I have had film from Megaperls in Japan sent via normal post, no problems.

I very recently bought some Ilford Postcard paper from Germany and it also went via normal post as well, prints beautifully.

Nicole if you do need some, I currently have a spare box for immediate usage.

Assuming Simon can convince the local distributor to get some I have enough for about 2 years at current usage, I bought 1,000 sheets or ten boxes, all the way from sunny Stuttgart!

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    Amund and MickFagan, thanks for your advice. I think I'll start using the shops overseas since there's so much limit in the photo supplies in the domestic market.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Postcard thanks again....

Firstly to BobF, one of the first from the UK, very nice image, well printed and a super size one from from James in Greece, very nice light, nice image..thanks to you both for taking the time, much appreciated.

Simon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin