Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,576   Online: 774

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear Arigram,

I know the Greek distributor well, Damkalides...I know he is passionate about monochrome and he will only pass on the increases that we have imposed, he
    also stocks ( and I mean stocks ) a very wide range of our products, I hope
    your photo budget is not too badly hit by these increases.

Regards

Simon.
    Thank you Simon once more. Ilford could not have chose a better representative than yourself. Other companies should learn.
    I am happy that you know and trust Damkalides. The vast majority of
    my work is done with Ilford products so its good to know that my
    investment is in good hands.
    I can't say that so far I have been thrilled by the selection of Ilford
    products which is mostly limited to RC papers, FP4+, HP5+ and the usual
    chemicals. Delta is hard to find, FB is only with special order and
    my local distributor in Crete who orders from Damkalides didn't
    even know the existance of PanF+ ! Which can only be bought by
    special order in 120 format.
    Especially for the latter I think I will just order it from Fotoimpex in Germany. I like the prices on their latest catalog and you mentioned that Germany
    had their Ilford prices allready adjusted so they fit me fine.
    I haven't checked with my distributor to see what the new prices are yet, but you made me relax about the increase not been much.

Amy chance of inventing a film that uses cheap metal particles?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for the update...you will continue to get a great deal of my money as long as you make the products that I use. All in all your increases are mild and lower than most other consumables hikes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear all,

Thanks for all your feedback ( good or bad ) , it is very valuable...as is your business

Thanks for using ILFORD Photo products

Regards

Simon.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Simon, thanks for the information. I will continue to use Ilford products where these fit my requirements, and hope that that selection will increase in th future.

Quote Originally Posted by haris
    I have sallary of 400EURO per month and 150EURO as war veteran/invalid. But, espresso here costs 0,5 EURO and up to 1,5 EURO in snobish posh places. When see your sallary/prices ratio Arigram, I can only hope my country won't get soon into EU...
    Haris - that won't work either. Norway has stayed out of EU, and a cup of espresso here would cost 10x what you would have to pay. Then again my salary is 10x yours too...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My brother just brought me from Athens two bottles of Marques de Caceres Gran Reserva of 1995... the problem is to resist the temptation to just look at it and drink it!
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    My brother just brought me from Athens two bottles of Marques de Caceres Gran Reserva of 1995... the problem is to resist the temptation to just look at it and drink it!
    Drink it after you're done your work in the darkroom. Then drinking two bottles could drag till the next day, so that will be before the work.

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    my local distributor in Crete who orders from Damkalides didn't
    even know the existance of PanF+ ! Which can only be bought by
    special order in 120 format.
    Especially for the latter I think I will just order it ... in Germany.
    A good source for "hobby" materials in Germany is http://www.phototec.de
    Their prices are OK and the proprietor is a hardcore and old school darkroom fixture. He is also a very nice guy. Pan-F in 120 is 3,50 EURO (incl. the 16% VAT) each.

If, however, you are a "professional" and want a larger quantity (100 or more films) then the best source is probably Nordfoto. http://www.nordfoto.de . There Pan-F 120 is 2,42 EURO (including the 16% VAT) each. 200,00 EUR min. order. Shipping to Greece would be 18,39 EUR + 1,16 EUR per Kg.

I get a lot of my film materials from Dinkel in Munich (a "to the trade" shop) and their prices are a wee bit higher than Nordfoto but I save on shipping, they are convienient and service is good. They are also local.
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My seller just confirmed my fear. I received theire new prices for Ilford. 120 roll of HP5+ and FP4+ is 40 cents up. Comparing with theire price list for year 2005 it is 25% more. I don't know if that increase is only Ilfords, or only sellers or Ilford + seller, but it is much more that Simons predicted 5 to 6% increase.

Oh, wait, I just checked some of theire other products. It seems that it is sellers decision. Products I just saw are all 25% higher. So, it is not Ilfords increase.

I am buying Ilford material from Czech seller who has excellent prices when sells (exports) in country out of EU countries. As I know for buyers from Czech Republic, and buyers from EU prices are higher. I don't know situation if you buy from USA or other parts of the world. I had price od 1,87 USD per roll untill now for 120 roll of FP4+ or HP5+, now it is 2,33 USD.

I know that for lots of you even 2,33 USD is low price, but for me (my income) it is significally higher, and it is 25% higher than previous price. I didn't compare paper and chemistry prices yet.

My fear is that for higher prices I will have to buy less, for mine (of course I individually don't have such influence, I am saying this in caricatural manner) less buying, prices will go up, then I will have to buy even less... And so on untill the sad end...

Of course, I will continue to use film, Ilford, as long as I can afford it...

Oh, well, c'est la vie...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just got the new prices from my local cretan distributor.
    Some items did not see a raise at all, some a small one and some others like FB paper quite a bit.

Here's a sample.
    FP4+, HP5+ in 120 is 3.15 euros.
    Multigrade RC paper at 20x25cm, 14.00 euros.
    Multigrade RC paper at 30x40cm, 13,75 euros.
    Multigrade FB paper at 30x40cm, 35,00 euros.
    Multigrade Developer at 10,70 euros.
    Ilfosol-S at 4,75 euros.

The prices are not too bad and I will continue buying my regular amount of consumables. My distributor who is a friend of Damkalides, the greek Ilford importer did raise a concern of the whole state of film industry and after the fall of Agfa and soon Kodak, he was concerned that a monopoly of BW film might be bad for prices.

I was made a very nice offer by Nordfoto (thanks a lot Edz) for Ilford film at around 2 euros per piece and I am making a large order (200 pieces) so at the moment I will keep a secret from my local guy... Atleast I buy all the other stuff from him and he always has a couple dozens rolls of each film in stock.
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I would avoid cretin distributors.
    Jerold Harter MD

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin