Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,534   Online: 1036

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just received the shipment from Nordfoto.
    Yum!
    Last edited by arigram; 01-12-2008 at 08:53 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram
    Yum!
    :-)
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aristotelis,

how much did they charge for shipping?

Regards,

Ondrej

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Five years ago I spent $30 for weekly food. Yesterday I paid nearly the same $80. Gasoline was $0.6 now is $1. And so on....

Why ilford should freeze their prices. Photo film, chemicals, and paper are anyway bargain. In any photo business photo material is bottom of expenses. And ilford actually get just a fraction of that price, and taking whole and all risks. As I see on this site all blame ilford or efke… for just anything, but BH gets biggest slice of the cake. We all should understand that no “more” mass production of photo materials, it is going to became normal, and so is the price. Now the question is do you still like photography or you are ready to convert to some other media. There you will find the same stories. Painting oils and canvas are also with price upward. But my painting is also upward.

And to guys with “low” income: try to sell some more prints per months and here we are. All are happy.

Some manufacturers fight that retailers high profit with opening own stores or/and distributions, as example is Zeiss, …

Just yesterday I spotted price on duct cleaning in houses $90 (as very good deal). But what they do for that money? Junk work.

www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With a weakening $ in the USA, it won't be the last such increase...

And, I expect, with many raw materials being exceedingly expensive, a strong UK labor market, the need to stay ahead on their lease (real estate is going bezerk in the UK at the moment) - Ilford has plenty of cost pressures.

Oh well, that's life. I'll still be buying my fair share of HP5+ (and Tri-X).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Its rumour time again.......

Here are the facts : ILFORD Photo Prices went up to Japan January 1st 2007, Prices went up in the USA, Canada, UK and Latin America on February 1st 2007 : I even posted a reply to the thread on US pricing, but I cannot remember where ?

Prices to distributors will go up in Europe and the rest of the World on May 1st 2007. I can absolutely assure you no prices will or 'have doubled' that is ridiculous and we would not sell anything if we ever did that :

I will post the FULL DETAILS of the rises by product group on May 1st 2007, after our distributors have them, it would be totally wrong to publish before our partners have the details.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This thread is about price changes back in April 2006... Someone resurrected a dead thread, as tends to happen from time to time.

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Bob,

Yes noticed, did'nt remember it though !

Simon.
    Yeah

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Yum!
    Holy crap. At my current one roll a month rate, it would take me 16.66 years to shoot that film.

Shooter
    35mm
    Very nice, do you freeze the entire shipment to help them last past their expiry dates?

Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Yum!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin