Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,012   Posts: 1,524,698   Online: 825

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was under the impression that rollei's stuff was being coated on a different base than agfa's stuff (some sort of stronger stuff, which would lay flatter). To me, this suggests that the emulsions would be in production still.

Of course, I don't remember where I read this, and there's an undeniable chance that I'm flat wrong.

Should I even have posted this? Oh well, too late.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here something from Maco regarding the Rollei Retro Films (sorry, but this is 2nd hand, it's a copy of a email published in a German forum)

H. Schröder from Maco writes:
    "Wir haben äussert grosse Mengen Masterrollen von der Agfa Photo
    gekauft, die seit einigen Monaten unter ROLLEI RETRO aufgeschnitten werden.
    Seit Montag dieser Woche können wir beide Empfindlichkeiten auch als Rollfilm liefern.

Die Geschichte mit Belgien mag sich für Aussenstehende so darstellen, ich kann dazu nichts sagen,
    denn meine APX-Filme stammen aus Deutschland. "

Translation:
    "We bought a huge number of masterrolls from Agfaphoto which are cut to 35mm and 120 and labeled "Rollei Retro" since some month.
    Since Monday last week we are able to deliver both speeds as type 120 also.

The story about Belgium (the question if Agfa Geavert was able to produce new APX was raised after a German magazine wrote that Rollei films are "from fresh production in Belgium", C.K.) may look like that, but I can't say something about this my films come from germany ."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    In the Email they sent me, it's clearly stated that they have bought several 2000 sqm "master rolls" of film. They are cutting the film in 35mm and 120 rolls, and selling it. That's all there is to know. They claim that there is going to be enough to last for a long time, because "Several"x2000 sqm is a lot... I don't know what the demand is, but I guess that you cannot sell "severalx2000 sqm" of film in a few weeks... (for your info: one roll of 120 film = approx. 0.07 sqm. This means that with 1 sqm of film you can make approx. 14 rolls. With 2000 sqm you make 28000 rolls...)

On the other hand, it may be a fact that the other Rollei emulsions (the ones that were available for the last couple of years or something) come from the Eastern European manufacturers, as we all have heard...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I just received this message from retrophotographic.com to say the following:

"Dear Customer,

At last we have stocks of the Rollei Retro 100 and Retro 400 films in 120 rollfilm. The films are Agfapan APX 100 and 400 re-branded under the Rollei label and are from the last Agfa production run before closing. There is sufficient raw film to supply these films for many years."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does J&C intend to carry this specific stock of Retro?
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    Does J&C intend to carry this specific stock of Retro?

On the way, sometime in May.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin