Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,009   Online: 707

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blasphemy !

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Blasphemy !

Well, Im not the only one going to hell.... What some people will do for a dollar :o

http://www.rollei.jp/e/pd/MiniD.html

Blasphemy !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    May be Blasphemy, but does look kind of cute, unlike any other digital camera, and small compared to the real thing.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Well, Im not the only one going to hell.... What some people will do for a dollar :o

http://www.rollei.jp/e/pd/MiniD.html

Blasphemy !
    Its been around for years and years and like all digicams is only useful for stuffing down the throats of digiphiles to shut them up permanently!

Lachlan

Shooter
    35mm
    I think there was an earlier version which took Minox cassettes. Don't know if it's still around. I'm sure both will eventually be a collectors item, especially as I doubt if many will be/were made.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's cute and whimsical, as one might expect from Minox, which I believe built it. They also make a Leica M3, along with Minox film versions of Leica I,III, and M3, a Hasselblad SWC, and a Contax I. As one might expect from Minox, they are taking the idea of camera as fashion statement seriously. And given the limitations of the 8x11 (mm not inches for you ULF types) format, they can't even think about avoiding digital.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Video clip filmed and edited by a spastic monkey with ADD! Annoying jump cuts, bouncing frames and the same few shots over and over.

2Mpixel sensor is pretty crummy now anyway.

Sad, really just sad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Introduced in Japan Oct/Nov 2004. I like it EXCEPT it has no flash or any way to sync an external flash. If it had x-sync I'd buy one!

Sells for $230 to $270 in NY.
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, the real blasphemy is that in the Rollei version, because it has an LCD display, not a real mirror box+GG, you see the image on the screen NON-REVERSED! That, my friend, is unholy desecration of the most fundamental principles of TLR faith. Nobody will take seriously the intense cognitive training that TLR shooters had to go through in order to perform their craft, and nobody will ever feel the elating power of supervening upon one's perception when using only the mind's eye to find the One True Way of pointing the camera to follow a moving subject.

May they all suffer for eternity in the searing lake of boiling liquid crystals and plasma that shall be their doom!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    No, the real blasphemy is that ... you see the image on the screen NON-REVERSED! That, my friend, is unholy desecration of the most fundamental principles of TLR faith. !
    Sadly, I guess when I recently used my prism finder on my Mamiya C330, I must have sinned!

I beg your forgiveness

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Now that's WAAAAAAAY cute! Right up there with the little Leica IIIf digital that came out a couple of years ago. And the square format is nice, too.

And, you never know, but some folks who use this might just decide to upgrade to a real TLR and discover film!
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin