Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,792   Online: 768

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

What types of B+W 220 film are available besides Tri-X?

It seems that Ilford has stopped making 220 film. Any other ideas?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might do a search using the advance search option, I know there has been many talks about 220 the last few months.

R.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Kodak Tri-X Professional 320 (TXP) is the only b/w film currently available in 220 format.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Petzi
    Kodak Tri-X Professional 320 (TXP) is the only b/w film currently available in 220 format.
    Actually there is one other - Kodak make a C41 type B & W film & that's available in 220 size.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Plus X is also shown available in 220

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish we could get Forte or Foma to make 220, since Ilford is no longer interested in maintaining or replacing their 220 equipment. If the Eastern Europeans would only do so, I would stop using Ilford and standardize on an emulsion available in both 220 and sheet film.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    The Kodak C-41 b/w film is discontinued in 220 format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is no longer a C41 B&W in 220, been discontinued due to lack of sales, I know alot ask for 220 but when you actually look at numbers of units being purchase, it is not economically feasable to continue to produce 220

R.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxi331
    There is no longer a C41 B&W in 220, been discontinued due to lack of sales, I know alot ask for 220 but when you actually look at numbers of units being purchase, it is not economically feasable to continue to produce 220

R.
    This must be very recent as Kodak Professional BW400CN which replaced the Portra version & the T400CN versions is still listed as available in 220 on Kodak's website viz: http://wwwuk.kodak.com/global/en/pro...19.14.14&lc=en

It was only introduced early 2004 too.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy
    I wish we could get Forte or Foma to make 220, since Ilford is no longer interested in maintaining or replacing their 220 equipment. If the Eastern Europeans would only do so, I would stop using Ilford and standardize on an emulsion available in both 220 and sheet film.
    It is apparently a matter of economincs, and if Ilford can't do it then the chances of much smaller concerns such as Forte or Foma (neither of whom ever made 220 film to my knowledge) making it is nil. Fuji at one time made their Neopan 400 in 220 and they still make lots of colour films in the size.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin