Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,288   Posts: 1,535,359   Online: 765

Shooter
    Large Format Pan

Dry mount tissue

I'm looking for a dry mount tissue product that can be used to mount a print or paper with heat and then released by reheating.

I can't think of the name of this product, brand or where to get it.

Hopefully there is something like this still available that will work. I need to mount paper for gum printing on aluminium plate and then release it when I'm finished with the print.

Any help will be appreciated.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/SA1012.html

This is what used to be called Seal Archival Tissue. There are probably other options, perhaps from Light Impressions.

Shooter
    35mm
    If used with fiber based paper almost all dm tissue will allow removal. You have to heat the paper to a temperture above what it is designed to melt and. After that happens the corners will lift and curl away from the mat board. Then you will be able to grasp one or more corners and pull it away from the board. Ouch! Careful you do not scorch your fingers. It may be possible that this can be done with RC paper but I know not from not trying it.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    35mm
    The product you are refering to is now called bienfang buffermount.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin