Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,863   Posts: 1,583,183   Online: 759

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Fuji!!!

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks Fuji!!!

So I get home from work this early evening, and in the mailbox is small box with my name on it, from FUJI PHOTO FILM U.S.A., INC. Hmmm, I think...Did I sleep-order something online and don't remember doing so? Has my girlfriend sent me a spontaneous/surprise gift? I open it and inside is a small envelope with my name on it, handwritten, containing a card, which, in turn, contains a business card:

.................................................. .........

FUJIFILM
    I&I - Imaging & Information

MARIANNE SALIMBENE
    Director
    Customer Care Department
    Technical Services & Support Division
    The Imaging Group

FUJI PHOTO FILM USA, INC
    etc etc
    etc etc.....

.................................................. ........

This is followed by a note:

"Shawn Mielke (handwritten)--

In appreciation of your business and loyalty,
    we are sending the enclosed without the formality of a letter.
    It is our hope that you will continue to enjoy Fujifilm products in the future.

(signed, Marianne Salimbene)

THANK YOU
    CUSTOMER CARE DEPARTMENT"

And "the enclosed" turns out to be four rolls of B/W film, two Acros 100, and two Neopan 1600.

I'm glowing, and bewildered. Mostly delighted. But I had to think why ???
    And then the "Ahaa..." hits me. Within the last couple of months there was thread here dealing with the topic of Fujifilm and it's committment to film based products. Someone had included an email address whereby one might thank them/it. I had sent just such an email. It may be that I sent two Thanks emails, one to the UK branch, and then one through the Fujifilm USA website directory. In any case, I'm still glowing (and delighted) and also totally impressed. Anyone else recieve something like this? I did, in my email, note how in love with Neopan 1600 I was/am, mentioned appreciation for the Acros film as well, so it makes sense that they sent me these specific materials. Totally cool. Thank you Fuji!

Shawn

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hmmmm. Shawn what exactly did you do? I love Fuji too.
    Is that enough?

Just kiddin' but a nice gesture for sure.

jan

Shooter
    35mm
    Believe me, whoring myself out for black and white film is not beneath me, but this was not the case!!! :]

Anyway, I can't believe that I'm the only APUG-er who sent a Thanks FUJI email that got a response of some kind.

And so, once again, thank you Ms. Salimbene, for the response to my response, and for the fantastic film(s).

Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thank you card and gift from Fuji -- Thank you Fuji Photo

I got a fine thank you card, hand written, early in the week. My wife is going to use the Fuji film that was sent. The package and card was so nice that I will keep it. Thanks Fuji!

Curt

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I love Fuji! I would love them even more if they made Acros in 220 rolls.

Shooter
    35mm
    The price increase (up to 30 percent) of Fuji products begins next month in Japan, and that may actually affect my decision of choosing film. But that's all I can say about Fuji or any other brands at this point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well Firecracker, I don't think you'll have much of a choice if that is your sole parameter for making a decision.

Prices are going up everywhere on everything; welcome to inflation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not fair, you guys got film..... I got coupons for Fujifilm Quicksnap with flash disposable cameras. Still something to stick in my purse for those rare once in a lifetime mishaps you want to document. Thank You Fuji
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kino
    Well Firecracker, I don't think you'll have much of a choice if that is your sole parameter for making a decision.

Prices are going up everywhere on everything; welcome to inflation.
    The reason why I've been using Fuji products in Japan is the availability more than the quality. That's is just how Kodak in the U.S. was to their customers/users years ago, I believe. At least when I was living there, many Kodak products were so bread-and-butter to me.

In the price competition, Fuji film (Neopan is what I use) has been always kept cheaper than foreign brands. But with the potential (up to) 30 percent of an increase, that will easily go higher than the prices of, TriX and/or HP5 as an example.

That's not my sole parameter but still is in the main part on choosing consumarable items like films, photo papers, and chemicals. Since I have used other brands' products for a certain period of time, I have my charts/darkroom recipes and can make a switch. And I'm actually kind of excited to do that.

I just wanted to let you guys and gals know how it is over here.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Mielke
    Believe me, whoring myself out for black and white film is not beneath me, but this was not the case!!! :]

Anyway, I can't believe that I'm the only APUG-er who sent a Thanks FUJI email that got a response of some kind.

And so, once again, thank you Ms. Salimbene, for the response to my response, and for the fantastic film(s).

Shawn
    I don't know much about the U.S. and/or UK branches of Fuji Film, but the one in Japan, runs an annual photo contest that takes photo portfolios. The deadline for the submission had just passed, but if you're interested in this kind of activity/event, here's more info (in Japanese language only):

http://www.fujifilm.co.jp/fpsn/index.html

There's an age limit that's 35 and younger, but that's all I know as far as the rules go. It's open to anyone in all nationals/countries, etc. And If you win the prize you'll have your show in the Fuji galleries in japan and receive Fuji products and some cash.

I'm sure they'll love to have your work submittted, and that's going to be a lot of contribution and support for them. Or maybe this is just too beneath you to do...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin