Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,275   Online: 842

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use Calypso Imaging in Santa Clara, CA for all my E-6 processing. Their service is fast, extremely consistent, and cheap ($1.30 for 4x5 E6). However, I believe they have discontinued, or are getting ready to discountinue, their C-41 service.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Another hand waving high in the air for Calypso. I am going to have to check with them about the C-41 stuff though...I still have almost 40 sheets of NPS left to feed my pinhole camera.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    The C-41 is still on their website, I got the information off an email. I'll dig it up when I get home.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Last time I was there (about a week ago now) there was a sign on the door explaining a new $15 minimum order but nothing about dropping the C-41 line. The not so friendly lady was at the counter though so, I didn't inquire too deeply about the business and so forth.

Hmmmm, now that I'm thinking about it, I do remember there being some notice about the C-41 line a while back...I think (thought?) it had to do with the two hour turn though.....not sure. I'll ask next time I'm over that way.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Here is what the email read:

After taking a look at what our customers need, we're refocussing our efforts. To do this, we're making a few changes to the services we offer:

• We will be adding an Epson 9800 printer and will let you know shortly when it will arrive.
    • Our front lobby hours will change to 10-5:30 starting on June 1.
    • We will no longer be processing C-41 starting on June 1.
    • We will be offering an Economy B&W/COLOR digital printing service from negatives starting June 1.
    • We no longer offer framing services, although mounting, matting and laminating are still available for your convenience.
    • All walk-in orders MUST meet a $15 minimum per order starting on June 1.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    We will no longer be processing C-41 starting on June 1.
    Ouch. I wonder how hard it is to process C-41 at home <heavy sigh>.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For C-41 see if The New Lab (in San Francisco) offers it still. There is also In Color II (also in SF), a small, more detail oriented lab who strictly does C-41. Eric is the owner...tell him I sent you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How about us in NW Mass? There are no pro labs around here. We have Vermont Color which is pretty crappy. I've gotten to the point I just send my E-6 to Fuji or Konica via the supermarket. (You can scoff but for amateur stuff, they beat the others around here)

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by darr
    I used E-6 Labs a lot when I was in Atlanta for 15 years. The school where I attended (Portfolio Center) and the school I taught at (Southeastern Center for the Arts) always sent students their way. It's nice to know their still in business. I'll be up in ATL this summer visiting friends in Virginia Highlands and I'll go visit them. Thanks for the info.

Darr
    I haven't heard anyone mention the SCA in years. I have some friends that went there. And the portfolio center is still going strong. As for the Virginia Highlands area it just keeps getting better, only more expensive and more traffic.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    Multi Format

Meteor update

Well sorta. Nobody seems to know at this point what their plans are for the idled equipment. I got the impression that they just started informing their regular customers yesterday that yesterday was the last day to accept any film jobs. I talked to the owner of one of the remaining labs that still do all film services and his phone started ringing off the hook yesterday.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin